A groundbreaking scholarship opportunity has been established for students who wish to attend a Catholic school in the Diocese of Greensburg called the Saint Pope John Paul II Tuition Opportunity Partnership. The TOP student initiative was founded by an anonymous donor, himself a product of a Catholic education who was profoundly influenced by Saint Pope John Paul II. The donor believes his faith, education and moral foundation gave him a great advantage in life. He and more than 100 other people have become strong supporters of Catholic Schools.
Saint Pope John Paul II left a legacy of being one of the most important world leaders in the second half of the 20th century. He was a man of conviction and principle who built bridges of peace between people of different countries and religions. He was a preacher and a teacher who drew historic crowds of men, women and children all yearning to be closer to God. He was front and center on the global stage as a defender of human dignity writing that, “Every threat to human dignity and life must necessarily be felt in the Church’s very heart.”
As a family who wishes to participate in the Saint Pope John Paul II Tuition Opportunity Partnership, we agree to the following:
- Our family has demonstrated a financial need and expressed a willingness to provide some financial contribution to the cost of the education.
- Our family has/will complete the FACTS Grant and Aid application so that alternative sources of funding, such as EITC assistance, may be used for tuition assistance as well.
- Our family will support our child’s academic progress.
- Our child will demonstrate strong evidence of academic commitment and an enthusiasm for learning.
- Our child is willing to participate in at least one activity at the student’s local parish or faith community.
- We acknowledge that our family, along with our student, must demonstrate our commitment to the school as well as to our parish or denominational church through the donation of time, talent or treasure as able. Our family and student will earn recognition as valued servant leaders.
- We attest that our family are registered members, or will become members, of a faith community.
- I acknowledge that donors to the TOP student program will be updated regarding the performance of all students who participate in the program.