Customer Skate Rental Waiver
Please read this form carefully, as it affects your legal rights.
SPECIAL COVID-19 CLAUSE & ASSESSMENT
I represent & warrant to Retro Rolla Skate Club Inc., its agents, partners, and affiliates, that:
- I do not have any symptoms of COVID-19; ie fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing.
- I have not been in physical contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- I have not travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
I agree to practice and abide by all public health guidelines as they relate to COVID-19 as implemented by Retro Rolla Skate Club Inc. (for instance: practicing social distancing and wearing a mask). The Participant understands that failure to abide by the protocols established by Retro Rolla Skate Club Inc. may lead to my removal from this activity.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
I represent and confirm as follows:
- I am aware that roller skating, rollerblading, and skateboarding (the “Activities”), or any of them, involve certain risks, dangers and hazards which can result in personal injury, death, or other losses.By signing this form, I hereby freely agree to assume and accept all known and unknown risks of injury, death, or any other losses that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
- I acknowledge and agree that I have been advised to wear protective gear, including but not limited to, helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist pads. I understand that if I elect to remove the protective gear while carrying out the Activities, I do so at my own risk.
- I further agree and acknowledge that I have been advised of the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol, drugs, or any other mind-altering substance while engaging in the Activities. I accept full responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage associated with the use of such substances while engaging in the Activities.
- I represent and warrant that I do not have any physical impairment, injury, or condition that may endanger me, or other participants in the Activities.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Activities, and for other good and valuable consideration, I, on behalf of myself, representatives, assigns, and next of kin (the “Releasors”) agree to release and hold harmless Retro Rolla Skate Club Inc., the Bentway Conservancy, and the City of Toronto, along with their collective directors, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, and insurers (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, proceedings, lawsuits, or demands of whatever kind or nature, in any way associated with my participation in the Activities. I understand that this waiver discharges the Releasees from any liability or claim that I may have against the Releasees with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, property damage, or any other loss or damage that may arise from my participation in the Activities, including where such losses arise from the negligence or breach of contract by the Releasees.
I agree that if I, or any party on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees in connection with my participation in the Activities, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or cost which they, or any of them, may incur as a result of such claim including, but not limited to, legal fees in defending any lawsuit.
I understand that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario.
I further testify that this Release is the only, sole, entire and complete agreement of the parties relating in any way to the subject matter hereof. No statements, promises or representations have been made by any party to any other, or relied upon, and no consideration has been offered or promised, other than as may be expressly provided herein. This Release supersedes any earlier written or oral understandings or agreements between the parties.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THE AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE NOTWITHSTANDING SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
Todays date: June 13, 2021