General Terms & Conditions
The land and premises known as the Kromrivier Cederberg Park is owned by Gemini Moon Trading 536 (Pty) Ltd and operated by Cederberg Park (Pty) Ltd (jointly referred to herein as “Cederberg Park”).
The land known as the Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve is owned by Kromrivierkloof (Pty) Ltd (jointly referred to herein as “Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve”).
Cederberg Park accepts no liability for:
- Weather conditions during your stay.
- Any loss of property owing to theft. (All valuables must be locked away at all times).
- Any breakdown in communication or power failures.
- All correspondence with Cederberg Park must be received in writing. No telephonic or other verbal communications will be deemed binding in any way.
- Once a booking request is made by a guest, whether telephonically, by email or through any web enabled booking system, Cederberg Park shall forward a written confirmation letter of the booking, together with a booking invoice, via email.
- A 50% deposit of the total accommodation cost must be paid to Cederberg Park within 5 working days after receiving the booking invoice, and proof of payment must be emailed within that 5 working day period to Cederberg Park to confirm the reservation. The reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment of the 50% deposit. Cederberg Park does not accept any credit card details via email.
- Check-in times are between 14h00 & 18h00 (After hour check-ins must be arranged prior to arrival).
- Check-out times are before 10h00.
- No noise of any nature is permitted before 06h00 and after 21h00.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided to all guests. It must be understood that this is a rural internet service
- and as such is subject to reliability constraints.
- All guests are required to sign acceptance of these General Terms & Conditions as well as the
- Indemnity (overleaf) prior to Check-in.
- Any special requests must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival.
- Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed access to Cederberg Park. Third party
- visitors are only allowed with our prior explicit permission, and provided they sign the Indemnity.
- Any lost property left behind by guests during their stay will be held for a period of 3 months only.
- All guests are subject to the rules, regulations, policies and procedures as issued by Cederberg Park
- from time to time, and are obliged to conform to them. These rules, regulations, policies and procedures will be made available at check-in. All guests are obliged to familiarise themselves with all these documents. To the extent that there may be conflict between the general terms contained herein and the provisions of rules, regulations, policies and procedures, the terms as contained herein shall prevail.
- All cancellation requests must be sent to Cederberg Park in writing.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days before arrival date: 100% refund
- Cancellations made less than 30 days before arrival date and paid in full: 50% refund
- Cancellations made less than 30 days before arrival date with 50% deposit: 25% refund (i.e half the deposit)
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before arrival date: 0% refund
Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve Policy:
- Access will only be permitted once a permit is obtained from the reception of Kromrivier Cederberg Park.
- No vehicle access through Gonnafontein as it is Private Property. Vehicles may gain access through Kromrivier Cederberg Park to the Disa Pool parking area once a permit has been obtained.
- The following is prohibited and will be subject to a R500.00 fine:
- Off road Driving
- Collecting of firewood
- Removal of any Flora
- Drone flying
- No permit
- Open fires
- Cederberg Park reserves the right to cancel any reservation without compensation, refund or reimbursement if any of the Terms & Conditions are breached.
Cederberg Park & Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve Indemnity
- Each person enters the land and premises owned and operated by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve at his/her own risk. By visiting and/or entering Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve I/we may be subject to man-made or natural elements, including but not limited to water, swimming pools, rivers or dams, bridges, jungle gyms as well as potentially dangerous and wild animals, and fire to the extent that I/we may use the designated fire/braai areas, and as such could be exposed to risks of injury, death, loss or damage to myself/ourselves or property.
- Cederberg Park, Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve, their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for any damage, injury or loss of any nature sustained by a visitor, guest, contractor or any other person and/or their property. By visiting and/or entering the land and premises owned and operated by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve it is deemed that you have read, understood and accepted the General Terms & Conditions, rules, policies and procedures of Cederberg Park and Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve.
- I/we voluntarily agree to visit and/or participate in activities at Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve which include hiking, trail running, mountain biking, mountain climbing, rock climbing, sport climbing, horse back riding and any other activity or competition I may participate in. I/we am/are fully aware that such activities (which are not organised or supervised by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivier Nature Reserve) are inherently dangerous and hazardous activities, and I/we accept all risks of personal accident, injury, death or loss, associated with my/our participation in such activities. I warrant and declare that my general health is good and that there is nothing that renders me unfit to undertake the above or which would otherwise pose undue risk to my/our health and safety or the health and safety of others.
- I, together with my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns and successors in title (including my/our minor children) and/or any interested party hereby indemnify, release, discharge and agree to hold harmless, Cederberg Park, Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve, their officers, directors, shareholders, Board, management, employees and agents (the “Indemnified Persons” and each, an “Indemnified Person”) against any and all liabilities, claims, damage, loss and costs including actual legal fees and court costs in respect of any claims, including third-party claims against the Indemnified Persons which could accrue to me or my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns and successors in title (including my/our minor children) and any interested party and due to illness, injury, death or loss of life; medical expenses; loss of income; pain and suffering and consequential losses; loss of or damage to possessions or property however and/or howsoever arising in the course of or in any way connected with my/our use of the land and premises owned and operated by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve, or out of my/our participation in any activity, irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose as a result of any act or omission (whether by negligence or not) by any person or from whatsoever cause. The provisions of this indemnity constitute a stipulatio alteri in favour of each Indemnified Person, which shall be entitled to enforce it directly upon acceptance of the benefit thereof in writing.
- In respect of my/our minor children (as applicable) I/we hereby consent to his/her/their use of the land and property owned and operated by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve and his/her/their participation in any of the activities available at Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve, and I/we hereby expressly agree, accept and acknowledge that the terms and provisions of this indemnity are applicable to such use of the property and participation in any of the activities by him/her/them and as such the provisions of this indemnity shall be enforceable against and in respect of me/us and our child/children/dependant(s) and I/we hereby acknowledge, accept and assume the risks, dangers and perils associated with the use of the property and participation in any of the activities.
- This indemnity shall be applied in conjunction with any and all other notices or disclaimers displayed around the property to which such indemnity relates.
- I/we hereby confirm that the Indemnified Persons have brought this indemnity and the terms thereof to my/our attention and that I/we have been properly notified of the inherent risk of harm or loss associated with the use of the property and participation in the activities and that in the event that such harm or loss may occur, the indemnity contained herein shall apply.
- Each element of this indemnity in respect of each cause or activity covered by this indemnity shall be separate and severable from the other elements.
- I acknowledge receipt of the document information pack handed to me at reception and check-in, which includes the General Terms and Conditions, rules, policies and procedures as issued by Cederberg Park and/or Kromrivierkloof Nature Reserve from time to time.
- By my/our signature hereto I/we confirm that I/we have read and understand the provisions of this indemnity
I/we have read and accept the Terms & Conditions and Indemnity as stipulated.
SIGNED AT Kromrivier Cederberg Park on December 8, 2023