I the undersigned “User” including all minors and/or dependents that I am legally or ethically responsible as listed below, irrevocably agree as a condition precedent at all times to my presence upon or use, at any time, of any or all of the facilities of The Range Indoor Shooting Inc., or The Range Indoor Shooting Club, hereinafter “The Range Langley”, including without limitation those facilities located at #2 - 9938 201st Langley, British Columbia and the parking facilities located in front of, in the vicinity of or around such location, and any location or facilities where any activity or function sponsored or held by The Range Langley is located (collectively “the facilities”), whether for my own purposes, as an invitee of The Range Langley or as part of a function or activity whether or not such function or activity is sponsored, sanctioned or supported by The Range Langley, to hereby make the acknowledgements and to grant the waiver and indemnity set out below, in addition to any other consideration which I may or may not have provided or agreed to provide to The Range Langley in this document.
For good and valuable consideration (the receipt, sufficiency and adequacy of which I do hereby acknowledge) I, the undersigned User for and on behalf of myself, and for my dependents, minors under my guardianship, heirs, executors and administrators, will not attempt to infract or infract the Criminal Code of Canada, the Firearms Act or any other relative legislation to this activity and do hereby; Acknowledge and affirm:
1. That by engaging in spectating or shooting activities, I assume all risk for myself and anyone accompanying me for any injury or harm that I or they suffer regardless of additional safety instruction, briefings and/or lack thereof;
2. That firearms, ammunition and other paraphernalia related to firearms and the discharge thereof may be present on the facilities at any time or at all times;
3. That the use of firearms, ammunition and other paraphernalia related to firearms and the discharge thereof is subject to certain inherent risks and hazards including but not limited to malfunctioning and exploding of firearms, ammunition and paraphanalia and that the use of firearms and the activities associated therewith is and are potentially very dangerous;
4. That in entering upon or using the facilities I do so at my sole and absolute risk, notwithstanding that I may or may not be familiar with any or all aspects of firearms, ammunition and other related paraphernalia, the discharge of firearms or the risks and hazards associated therewith;
5. That while on or using the facilities I am absolutely and solely responsible for my own conduct, safety and well-being as well as the conduct, safety and well-being of any guest accompanying me (including without limitation any minor / child or dependent);
6. That engaging in or observing shooting activities exposes me to lead particles and other potentially harmful contaminants;
7. That the byproducts and emissions from the discharging of firearms are potentially toxic to me and that in particular lead particles which are emitted by the discharge of firearms is toxic to me and anyone accompanying me and that all persons who come into contact with such by products and emissions are at risk of incurring health problems;
8. That anyone under the age of 18 years old and pregnant women are at higher risk of incurring health problems from contact with the byproducts and emissions from the discharging of firearms;
9. That if I, or anyone with me enters the shooting areas and moves beyond the designated firing line, I and such persons are at greater risk of severe injury, death or extended health problems;
10. That the facilities include shooting ranges where firearms may be legally discharged and may be discharged at any time, that the facilities are open or otherwise accessible to the public with little or no previous experience and there is an enhanced risk to harm or death from common patrons;
11. That while at The Range Langley, I will follow all warnings and instructions posted or given to me and I will practice safe shooting habits and behaviors to protect myself and those around me and minimize the risk of injury or harm to myself or others and that I am responsible for injury or damages incurred to others as result of my actions directly and indirectly regardless of additional safety instruction, briefings and/or lack thereof;
12. That it is the User’s sole responsibility to read and understand and that I have read, understood and agree to execute this release, waiver and indemnity agreement as a condition to obtaining access to and use of the facilities and the activities, services and facilities contained and provided therein and that I will pay attention to the safety briefing by The Range Langley staff and if I am uncertain about any issue, that it is my responsibility to seek clarification;
13. That any photography, audio or video recording in any form, made, created or begun at the facilities in whole or in part shall only be used by me, and shall only be for personal use; it shall not be posted, shown or in any way broadcast in any forum or media for commercial, artistic, creative, promotional educational or informative purposes without the express prior written permission of a director or officer of The Range Langley;
14. That taking of live ammunition by anyone without a valid possession and acquisition license from The Range Langley property for personal and direct possession and not discharging all ammunition in this shooting session is a criminal offence and against range policy;
15. That I am not under any impaired conditions of mental or cognitive abilities due to drugs / narcotics / substances, organic or biological causes;
16. That I am not under any prohibition from handling, possessing or using firearms and / or ammunition and / or prohibited devices of any nature that may render me in violation of orders by police, probation office or a court of law.
June 13, 2021
Waiver and Release of Claim
1. I waive and release The Range Langley and its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents and insurers from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising whether directly or indirectly from or in consequence of any and all losses, injury (including loss of life) and/or damage to the person and/or property of the User suffered, sustained or incurred during, in connection with or as a result of my presence at or use of the facilities, or while attending or participating in activity associated or connected with The Range Langley, its parent company, the facilities or the directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents of The Range Langley, due to any cause whatsoever including without limitation the negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of The Range Langley, its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, clients, customers, suppliers, members or agents.
2. On behalf of myself, I hereby waive any and all claims against The Range Langley and its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents and insurers for damages, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) which I may have, sustain or incur in connection with or arising directly or indirectly in any way from my presence at or use of the facilities, or while attending or participating in activity associated or connected with The Range Langley including, without limitation, all damages, costs and expenses arising from: (a) the provision of services of any kind including but not limited to provision of firearms and ammunition and the loading and discharge thereof; and (b) the provision of insurance or lack thereof. The Range Langley and its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents and insurers will not be held responsible or negligent for damages, costs and expenses of any property that may or may not be retrieved if left behind.
1. I hereby wholly and irrevocably assign to The Range Langley all rights, including statutory or common-law copyright, associated with any photography, audio or video recording in any form made created or begun at the facilities that is for any reason posted, shown or in any way broadcast in any forum or media for commercial, artistic, creative, promotional, educational or informative purposes.
2. I hereby agree to indemnify The Range Langley, its parent company, directors, officers, agents, employees and assigns against any and all costs, expenses, damages and other losses arising in any way out of the posting or broadcast of any photography, audio or video recording in any form made created or begun at the facilities.
1. I agree to promptly indemnify and hold The Range Langley and its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents and insurers harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments (including judgments for costs), costs or expenses (including legal expenses) which The Range Langley or its parent company, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents or insurers may suffer, sustain or incur as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission of any nature or kind whatsoever of I, the User or any guest, dependent or invitee of the User.
2. I acknowledge that the execution and delivery of this release waiver and indemnity agreement is required as a conditional precedent of The Range Langley granting my access to the facility and use thereof. I further acknowledge and agree that The Range Langley reserves the right not to proceed with granting access to me or to otherwise discontinue my access at any time.
3. I warrant and represent to The Range Langley that I have authority to sign this release, waiver and indemnity agreement on behalf of heirs, my executors, administrators, dependents or minors I, the User am accompanied by and myself.
Comprehension and Force
1. I hereby covenant and agree to promptly indemnify and save harmless The Range Langley and its parent company, Directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents or insurers from any and all claims, damages, demands, actions, causes of action and judgments (including judgments for costs) which may be advanced by or on behalf of and or awarded to or for the benefit of User as a result of or in any way arising from The Range Langley granting access to the facilities together with all costs of defending any such claim, demand and/or action including all legal fees and disbursements (and taxes thereon).
2. If any part of this document shall be unenforceable, the portion, which is unenforceable, shall be severed and the balance of this document shall remain in full force and effect. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the release on behalf of User and/or User's guests, invitees, minor child or dependents shall be deemed to be unenforceable, the aforesaid indemnities shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
3. I have read this release waiver and indemnity agreement prior to signing it and I understand it. I further understand that by signing this document, I am affecting the legal rights of myself, my dependents, minors under my guardianship, my heirs, executors, administrators and my next of kin. I acknowledge that a copy of this document will be made available to me if I request.
4. The User agrees any dispute related to this document, and to the User's or any dependent of the User or minor child's attendance at the facility shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and applicable federal laws of Canada, and the User hereby irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia.
5. The User acknowledges and agrees that this waiver shall remain in full force and effect for all attendances at The Range Langley, regardless if the User is a not a member or is a valid or past member of The Range Langley throughout subsequent yearly renewals of membership, and despite the fact the User may cease membership.
6. The User is further obliged to follow the directions, orders, range safety rules and facility etiquette polices as posted in and around the facility and is verbally expressed by the employees and volunteers of The Range Langley at all times. The User further agrees to accept full legal responsibility and liability for actions and behavior resulting in injury, death, damage or costs incurred by unlicensed individuals that may accompany the User should the User have a valid possession and acquisition license.
7. House firearms shall only be shot with ammunition supplied by The Range Langley.
8. The use of any shotgun ammunition, regardless of ownership of the firearm or the ammunition that is other than; '0', '00', '000’ buck or slugs is strictly prohibited. No Target Load!!!
User agrees to a $150.00 fine for each infraction of this rule.