THIS PERSONAL INJURY RELEASE (this "Agreement") dated February 25, 2024.
OF THE FIRST PART
Chandell Popik, all employees of the glass studio, and Under the Sun Stained Glass and Glass Art Studio of 4915-50th Avenue Leduc, AB T9E 6W7 (collectively the "Releasee")
OF THE SECOND PART
IN CONSIDERATION OF the covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties to this Agreement agree as follows:
1. In consideration of the Damages or personal injury sustained while on the premises attending any classes, workshops or special events held of 4915-50th Avenue Leduc, AB the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is acknowledged, the Releasor releases and forever discharges the Releasee the Releasee's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns from all manner of actions, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims and demands for or by reason of any injury to person which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the incident described below.
Details of Incident
2. The injury occurred at of #108, 4915-50th Avenue Leduc, AB The injury arose from: walking in or exiting, or while attending any classes, workshops or special events.
3. The Releasor acknowledges that this release is given with the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to the Releasor, and with the intention of binding the Releasor's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns.
Full and Final Settlement
4. The Releasor further understands and acknowledges that the Releasor may have suffered injuries or complications unknown at the present, that the settlement amount was determined taking into consideration this possibility, and that the Releasor is releasing these unknown claims.
5. For the above noted consideration, the parties to this Agreement further agree not to make claim or take proceedings against any other person or corporation which might claim contribution or indemnity under the provisions of any statute or otherwise.
6. It is declared that the terms of this settlement are fully understood; that the amount or type of consideration stated is the sole consideration for this Agreement and that the sum is accepted voluntarily for the purpose of making a full and final compromise, adjustment and settlement of all claims for injuries, losses and damages resulting or which may result from the above described incident.
7. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties to this Agreement and the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not a mere recital.
No Admission of Liability
8. It is agreed that the payment is not deemed to be an admission of liability on the part of the Releasee.
9. This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta.