Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Martial Arts Program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
- The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below martial arts activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE; I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
- I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
a.There are risks and dangers associated with participation in martial arts events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
b. The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
c. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
d. There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
- I/We HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the martial arts facility used by the participant, including it owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasee”…From all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin For any and all claims, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to property, arising out of or relating to the events(s) caused alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
- I/We HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
- EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
- On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partners(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite the release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parents(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WTHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Martial Arts School: Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC
Waiver and Release of Liability Form
*I hereby authorize Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC; its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, and other participants to act for my child or self-according to its best judgment in a medical emergency. *I hereby waive and release Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC; its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, owners, and the facility from any liability for injuries incurred by my child or self while attending and participating in any of the Reverence Grappling Training Centers activities. Therefore, in case of injury or illness, necessary emergency treatment is authorized. *I hereby assume the risk of serious personal injury or loss that may result from a contact sport like Wrestling, Grappling, Striking, Muay Thai, Cardio Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, and No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu. *I agree to pay all costs past and future related to such treatment. *I authorize the disclosure of medical information to my insurance company for the purpose of a claim. *I understand that *I am responsible for any medical or other charges connected with the participant's participation in all activities and or equipment in or outside of facility/training center. Each participant must provide his/her own medical insurance. By signing, Guardian/Parent/Athlete/Participant is verifying that he/she has obtained clearance from a medical doctor to participate in athletics and participant is in good physical health. The participant has received a physical within the last 12 months, and he/she has been cleared to participate in vigorous activities. BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE REVERENCE GRAPPLING TRAINING CENTER LLC, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHER PARTICIPANTS FROM LIABILITY AND HOLD REVERENCE GRAPPLING TRAINING CENTER LLC, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHER PARTICIPANTS HARMLESS FROM POTENTIAL INJURIES THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE SPORT. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Reverence Grappling Training Center LLC, its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, and other participants from and against any and all loss, liability, or damage arising from, or because of, or in conjunction with, participation of the above name participant in said activities. I hereby grant permission for the participant named above to participate in Wrestling, Grappling, Striking, Muay Thai, Cardio Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu, and all related activities. In the event of injury or illness to the participant named above, *I hereby permit qualified physicians to render such medical treatment as said physicians deem necessary under the circumstance. *I understand Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC does not provide any medical assistance. *I further consent for my child and or myself to be photographed and videotaped for Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC promotional use. *I understand that all fees and dues are nonrefundable. I agree to receive text messages and emails from Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC. *I=Parent/Guardian/Participant
By signing the waiver and release of liability form, the signee acknowledges that they are aware of the risks, and agree not to hold the institution liable for the consequences that may occur if they participate in the activities.
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Reverence Grappling Training Center, LLC; their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Today's Date: October 2, 2023