In consideration of the services of Jersey Jet Ski Inc, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "JJS"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge JJS, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in jet skiing activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; collision with fixed or movable objects, vehicles, or other watercraft; boat capsize and entrapment; accidental drowning; water craft are slippery when wet and accidents can occur getting in or out; the forces of nature including extremes of weather, lightning and rapid weather changes, exposure to sun, strong wind, cold, large waves, eddies and whirlpools, tidal conditions, surf and currents; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause cold water shock, hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; wrist, arm, or shoulder injuries; equipment failure and/or operator error; the negligence of other visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity; transmissible pathogen or disease ; Traveling to and from activity locations raises the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered.
Furthermore, JJS personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) and wetsuit bottom (or clothing that provides equivalent protection) while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless JJS from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use JJS’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of JJS.
4. Should JJS or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur lawyer's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against JJS, I agree to do so solely in the state of New Jersey and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that that state.
I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against JJS on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at JJS. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Date: July 25, 2021
PROTECTIVE WETSUIT REFUSAL AGREEMENT
I, for myself and/or on behalf of my child or legal ward, have been fully warned and advised by Jersey Jet Ski Inc (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘JJS’), that we should wear a properly fitted wetsuit bottom, or clothing that provides equivalent protection, while riding or being around personal watercraft (e.g. jet skis, wave runners, etc.) in order to protect against injuries and/or death caused by water from the jet thrust nozzle being forced into the rectum or vagina. I understand that by not wearing a properly fitted wetsuit bottom, or clothing that provides equivalent protection, I will be going against manufacturers’ requirements and putting myself at an increased risk for injuries, and against the advice of JJS and numerous court cases I am refusing this critical safety precaution.
I/we the undersigned have read the foregoing statement carefully before signing and do understand its warnings.
Date: July 25, 2021
"I have recieved and understand the instructions in safe boating covering the United States Coast Guard Navigation Rules, equipment requirements for Class A vessels, and operation of personal watercraft"
Participants hereby grants to the Host, its representives, and employees the right to take photographs/videos of participant in connection with participant's participation in the Activites. Participant hereby authorizes the Host (Jersey Jet Ski Inc.) to copyright, use and publish the same in print, signage, marketing and/or electronically. Participant hereby agrees that the Host may use such photographs of participant for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
Participant hereby takes all responsibility for damages which occur while operating the personal watercraft, including damage from debris in the impeller, impacts, seat damage, cosmetic damage, sandbar impacts, rocks, capsizing the personal watercraft, damage to other vessels, and beyond. Security deposits can be changed to the card on file or be given by another means.