1. Service - Monthly program of swimming lessons and aquatic exercises that must be fully consumed during the contracted month. The swimming classes are: 45 minutes and the exercises are one (1) hour each session. In both cases, they must be consecutive for the proper progress of learning and conditioning of the client.
2. Tuition - Initial payment of $30 is required for registration, educational manual and progress patches according to the levels achieved. Enrollment remains active as long as you continue to take classes. If you spend one (1) year or more without taking classes, you must renew your tuition payment. Does not apply fir single swim sessions out of the monthly program.
3. Swimming Dates & Prices - You can take classes two (2) times a week for $195 (average of 8 classes) on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday; one (1) time a week for $145 (average of 4 classes) on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays; individual classes for $40 each session; or private classes for double the regular price to take any day according to your convenience and the availability of the pool / beach and our Instructors.
4. Aquatic Dates & Prices - You can take the Aquarobics or AquaFit exercise program two (2) times a week for $100 (average of 8 classes) on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday; three (3) times a week for $150 (average of 12 classes) including a 3rd day weekly; or for individual classes at $20 each session.
5. Payment - You must pay the entirety of the classes and tuition to reserve your space and be able to start. There is no payment plan or money back for any reason. If you wish to cancel your classes, a store credit can be given for the remaining balance to use toward purchasing equipment, trips, courses, or other Scuba Dogs services.
6. Groups - Group classes are limited in space so it is recommended to take part in the Extended Program (details below) or make early payment the month before to ensure your space. If the class is full, you will need to reserve to join as soon as it becomes available. In the case of classes with less than two (2) students, Scuba Dogs reserves the right to move students from their previously scheduled time to form a group.
7. Privates - Offered for one (1) or up to two (2) students per Instructor, doubling the regular price of group classes. This service is subject to the availability of the pool and the Instructor.
8. Mid-Month - In the case of new clients entering the middle of the month, you can pay individual classes until the end of the month at the prorated price per class of the selected option, making the payment of the following month to take advantage of the rate established under the monthly program.
9. Gear- The use of a one-piece swimsuit without pockets and accessories such as goggles, boards, floats, snorkels, pullings, paddles and optional resistances is recommended. On the other hand, the use of reusable water diapers for children from 6 months to 3 years and a swim cap for people with long hair is required.
10. Pool Rules - All clients must follow the rules posted on the wall and instructions from the teacher and management, including asking the Instructor for permission to enter the pool. Failure to comply may result in Scuba Dogs reserving the right to remove the student from the pool for their own safety and the other participants.
11. Personal Items - For security reasons, it is recommended to keep your personal belongings in the lockers. In the case of clothing and / or equipment left, Scuba Dogs will keep them for one (1) week. If not claimed, they will be used for rent, sale or gift. Scuba Dogs is not
responsible for lost personal items.
12. Swim Levels - We offer five (5) levels of progress under four (4) main categories: 1. Starfish School - introductory level for infants and children; 2. Swim School - basic level for children; 3. Stroke School - advanced level for children and young people; 4. Swim Adults - level adapted for adults learning to swim. Scuba Dogs reserves the right to change levels and schedules as necessary.
13. Evaluation - The determination of the student's level and class time must be validated with a brief test with the Instructor. These tests are offered at no cost or commitment during the last 15 minutes of the scheduled swimming lessons. You must confirm the date and time to coordinate your evaluation with a certified Instructor.
14. Parents & Children - The introductory swim level “Starfish” requires a parent or guardian in the water with the student all the time or the contracting of private lessons. If a student at a higher level is having difficulty swimming independently, they may be referred to participate at this level.
15. Suspensions - Classes may be suspended for weather reasons (thunder, lightning, heavy rain, etc.), Instructor illness, defective pool machinery or other unforeseen situation. In case of bad weather, clients must call to confirm the class. If a class is suspended for another reason, Scuba Dogs will make every effort to notify its clients as soon as possible. Suspended classes will be rescheduled whenever possible.
16. Excused - At least a four (4) hour notice is required to excuse group and/or private classes without missing class. Classes excused in less time than indicated will be missed with the sole exception of emergency situations, in which case we request that the student present a medical and/or formal excuse for the incident. A maximum of two (2) excused classes per month is allowed to students taking two (2) classes per week and one (1) excused class per month to students taking one (1) class per week. Students must make up classes suspended and/or duly excused during the same month of the contracted service. If any student misses more than the maximum of classes allowed, that student will lose his or her space in the class.
17. Cancellations - In case the student cannot continue the course due to health reasons and/or an emergency situation, the student must request the cancellation of the classes in writing. Scuba Dogs will validate all pending classes from the date it receives such written notification. In this way, the student will have up to one (1) year to reactivate and complete pending classes at that time or another, depending on availability.
18. Medical Emergency - In the event of an accident or health emergency, every effort will be made to properly care for the patient. If the emergency system is required to be activated and / or medical attention is required, it will be the responsibility of the participant, parent or guardian to cover medical expenses. At the customer's discretion, Scuba Dogs recommends to formally inform us in writing any pre-existing conditions and appropriate medical care that should be provided.
19. Liability Release - The swimming classes and aquatic exercises are demanding physically, mentally and emotionally, which is why they represent a real risk that can cause adverse effects such as accidents, injuries and even death due to drowning, excessive cardiovascular effort, heart attack and other possible serious health conditions. By signing this agreement, the customer confirms their understanding of these risks and assumes all responsibility for any adverse effects that these classes may cause directly or indirectly. Likewise, it relieves Scuba Dogs, Inc. and subsidiaries, its employees, instructors and management, Starfish Aquatics Institute and PADI Swim School of all legal and civil liability regarding any damage that may arise before, during and / or after the lessons.
20. Extended Program - Recognizing the importance of continuing swim classes for an extended period in order to learn properly, with this program the client benefits from greater discounts when confirming the payment method for the specified period. The service is automatically charged on the first day of the month with an authorized credit card. If you cancel early, you will be charged for all the discounts granted:
21. Changes - Scuba Dogs reserves the right to change these regulations, schedules, costs, instructors and other matters related to the classes as necessary to offer the best possible service.
22. Approval -By signing this document I declare that I have read and understand everything written herein, I assume responsibility for it and I agree to comply with this service agreement.