Sender One's Commitment:
Sender One is committed to creating a space with a JEDI (justice, equity, diversity, inclusion) mindset. We welcome people of any race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, religion and socio-economic status into the climbing community.
Internally, we are committed to fostering a diverse pool of candidates for jobs, welcoming open and thoughtful dialogue that nurtures understanding across differences, and providing training that builds a culture of diversity and inclusion.
We are actively focused on breaking down barriers that limit participation in the sport of climbing. We will partner with organizations that share in these ideals and plan events that nurture and support minority groups. It is our duty to ensure that our workplace, programming and member community represent the demographic of our neighborhoods.
Keep Climbing Kind Pledge:
By signing the Keep Climbing Kind pledge I acknowledge that I will make choices to reflect the values represented below and act in a way that upholds the commitment of the Sender One Cares Program. It is through small acts in the collectiveness of the community that big change is able to occur.
SEND WITH COLOR
- I understand that my past has created natural biases and I commit to checking them so as to create a more open and accepting culture.
- I commit to reflecting on myself, growing in my understanding and sharing my knowledge with others.
- Climbers of color face many barriers to entry in the sport of climbing. I acknowledge these barriers and will work to lower them by participating in outreach and donation initiatives that encourage this.
SEND WITH PRIDE
- I commit to fostering an environment of acceptance where all LGBTQ+ folx feel welcome and safe.
- I will use my voice and influence to promote the tolerance, love and inclusion of LGBTQ+ people.
SEND WITH WOMXN
- I acknowledge the difference in physique which exists among all climbers.
- I acknowledge that the history of climbing emphasises it as a male dominated sport.
- I will openly welcome female-identifying climbers at both indoor gyms and outdoor crags and I will celebrate the unique style that each climber approaches a route with.
CARE FOR THE CRAG
- Many crags are home to delicate ecosystems that suffer at the hands of too many people.
- These areas may also reside in unique towns where preservation of history is necessary.
- I commit to protecting our climbing areas for future generations of climbers.
- I will stay on paths, park and camp in designated areas, place gear responsibly, leave the area better than when I arrived and respect the local plants,wildlife, history, and community.
By signing below, I confirm that I have read all of the above information and will do my part to uphold the Sender One Cares Program's: Keep Climbing Kind Pledge!
February 6, 2023