PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Ride O-Side LLC, City of Oceanside, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "ROS"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge ROS, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in bicycle, electric bicycle, and scooter activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; accidents involving other bicycles or vehicles; transmissible pathogen or disease; collision with fixed or movable objects; injuries or accidents involving contact with the equipment; falls from the bicycle or scooter; the negligence of other operators of motor vehicles or myself; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; exhaustion; weather conditions; exposure to the elements of the outdoors and natural surroundings which could cause hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; the condition of roads, terrain, or highways and accidents connected with their use; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; equipment failure; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Furthermore, ROS personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ROS from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of ROS 's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of ROS.
4. Should ROS or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against ROS, I agree to do so solely in the state of California, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against ROS on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at ROS.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Today's Date: December 1, 2023