RISKS OF FILLER INJECTIONS An individual’s choice to undergo this procedure is based on the comparison of the risk to potential benefit. Normal Occurrences during Tissue Filler Injections include:
Bleeding and Swelling - Swelling (edema) is a normal occurrence following the injections. It decreases after a few days or weeks.
Erythema (Skin Redness) - Erythema in the skin occurs after injections. It can be present for a few days after the procedure.
Needle Marks - Visible needle marks from the injections occur normally and resolve in a few days.
Acne-Like Skin Eruptions - skin eruptions can occur following the injection of tissue fillers that generally resolve within a few days.
Skin Lumpiness - Lumpiness can be treated with hyaluronidase to smooth it out if necessary.
Visible Tissue Filler Material - This can be resolved with hyaluronidase Asymmetry - It may not be possible to achieve or maintain exact symmetry with tissue filer injections.
Pain - Discomfort associated with injections is normal and usually of short duration.
RISKS OF DERMAL-FILLER INJECTIONS
Damage to Deeper Structures - Deeper structures such as nerves and blood vessels may be damaged during the course of injection. Injury to deeper structures may be temporary or permanent.
Infection – unusual, herpes outbreaks can be triggered Skin Necrosis - It is very unusual to experience death of skin and deeper soft tissues after dermal-filler injections.
Skin necrosis can produce unacceptable scarring. Should this complication occur, additional treatments, or surgery may be necessary.
Allergic Reactions and Hypersensitivity Scarring - Dermal-fillers maybe susceptible to keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring.
Granulomas - Painful masses in the skin and deeper tissues after a dermal-filler injection are extremely rare. Should these occur, additional treatments including surgery may be necessary.
Antibodies to Fillers - Presence of antibodies to hyaluronic acid tissue fillers may reduce the effectiveness of this material or produce a reaction in subsequent injections. The health significance of antibodies to hyaluronic acid tissue fillers is unknown.
Accidental Intra-Arterial Injection - It is extremely rare and unpredictable Under /Over Correction - The amount of correction may be inadequate or excessive. It may not be possible to control the process of injection of tissue fillers due to factors attributable to each patient’s situation. If under correction occurs, you may be advised to consider additional injections of tissue filler materials. If over correction occurs, the use of hyaluronidase can decrease the volume.
Migration of Dermal-Fillers - Dermal-fillers may migrate from its original injection site and produce visible fullness in adjacent tissue or other unintended effects.
Drug and Local Anesthetic Reactions - There is the possibility that a systemic reaction could occur from the local anesthetic when tissue filler injections are performed. This would include the possibility of light-headedness, numbness, and, allergic reaction, and fainting. Medical treatment of these conditions may be necessary.
Unsatisfactory Result - Dermal-filler injections alone may not produce an outcome that meets your expectations for improvement in wrinkles or soft tissue depressions. There is the possibility of a poor or inadequate response from filler injection(s).
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: I understand and agree that all services rendered to me are charged to me directly and that I am personally responsible for payment. The fees charged for this procedure do not include any potential future costs for additional procedures that you elect to have or require in order to revise, optimize, or complete your outcome. Additional costs may occur should complications develop from the injections and will also be your responsibility. In signing the consent for this procedure, you acknowledge that you have been informed about its risk and consequences and accept responsibility for the clinical decisions that were made along with the financial costs of all future treatments.
DISCLAIMER Informed consent documents should not be considered all-inclusive in defining other methods of care and risks encountered. I hereby authorize Cosmed laser center and it’s trained licensed designees to perform the injection of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers such as Juvaderm, Resylane, or Belotero
1. I have received and read the INFORMED CONSENT and PRE & POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS that were explained to me & I agree to follow all instructions, to follow up as directed, and to notify the office if any problems or questions arise.
2. I recognize that during the course of the procedure and medical treatment or anesthesia, unforeseen conditions may necessitate different procedures than those above. I therefore authorize the above mentioned provider to perform such other procedures that are in the exercise of his or her professional judgment necessary and desirable.
3. I consent to the administration of such anesthetics considered necessary or advisable. I understand that all forms of anesthesia involve risk and the possibility of complications, injury, and sometimes death.
4. The nature and purpose of the treatment have been explained to me. I understand what my provider can and cannot do, and I understand there are no warranties or guarantees implied or specific about my outcome. I have had the opportunity to explain my goals and understand which desired outcomes are realistic and which are not. I have read and understand this agreement. All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction and I consent to the terms of this agreement. Alternative methods of treatment and their risks and benefits have been explained to me.
5. I understand that I have the right to refuse treatment. By signing this form, I elect to proceed with treatment.
6. I consent to be photographed or televised before, during, and after the procedure(s) to be performed, including appropriate portions of my body, for medical, scientific or educational purposes, provided my identity is not revealed by the pictures.
7. For purposes of advancing medical education, I consent to the admittance of observers to the treatment room.
I take full liability and responsibility for any and all risks, undesired outcomes, or adverse events associated with the injections and will not hold the providers or Cosmed laser liable for any unfavorable outcome or adverse event. I release Cosmed laser center , owners, and medical staff from liability associated with the procedure. This consent form is freely and voluntarily executed and shall be binding upon my spouse, relatives, legal representatives, heirs, administrators, successors and assigns.