RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, DECLARATION of HEALTH AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS. BY AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN SPORTMEDBC’S INTRAINING PROGRAM YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
I understand, accept and agree that participating in The SportMedBC InTraining Program by any means, including, but nFoLtIP PAGE→ limited to, as a runner, jogger, walker, in a wheelchair or with a stroller, is a potentially hazardous activity. I represent, warrant, covenant
and agree that I am participating in The SportMedBC InTraining Program entirely of my own choice and volition and that it has
not been requested, suggested or required in any way that I participate, including by SportMedBC. I understand that participation in The SportMedBC InTraining Program may challenge and engage my physical and mental resources. I confirm that I do not have any medical conditions that would prevent me from safely participating in The SportMedBC InTraining Program including, but not limited to, stroke, high blood pressure, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, diabetes, or anemia, including a family history of any of the above or other medical conditions. I specifically confirm and declare that I am not ill with, nor have been exposed to the Covid-19 virus, or other contagious illness, within the past 14 days. I am not taking nor do I plan to take any prescription, OTC and/or other herbal medications that could affect my safe participation in The SportMedBC InTraining Program. I understand the risks and danger of accidents, physical injury, effects of exercise, the unpredictable nature of the human body, possible exposure to Covid-19 or other contagious illness, and the activities inherent in the nature of running and participating in a running program, and I understand it is impossible for the Releasees (defined below) to guarantee my safety. I further understand that I should not participate in The SportMedBC InTraining Program if I have any health conditions affecting my ability to safely participate and that I should not participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. I also understand that there may be traffic on the course. I assume all risks of participating in The SportMedBC InTraining Program whether jogging, running, walking or traveling in a wheelchair or with a stroller, including in traffic. I also assume any and all other risks associated with participating in The SportMedBC InTraining Program, including, but not limited to, falls, injury, contact with other participants or persons, becoming exposed to or ill with Covid-19 or other contagious illness, the effects of the weather including rain, snow, ice, high heat and/or humidity and the condition of the roads or racing surfaces and events that may be unforeseeable or beyond the control of the Releasees (as defined below) including “Acts of God”, civil unrest and third party violence or terrorism. Knowing these risks, and in consideration of the acceptance of my entry in this clinic, I hereby remise, release, indemnify, forever discharge and hold harmless SportMedBC, the City of Vancouver including its Police Department, Emergency Radio Systems, race officials, race volunteers and all other associated program sponsors, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, employees, assigns or anyone else acting for or on their behalf (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all existing and future claims, actions, costs, suits, demands and/or liability (including reasonable solicitor fees and legal costs), including from any and all claims from any third party, for loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including, without limitation injuries, accidents, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light which I, my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns, now have, or may hereafter have, arising out of the acts or omissions, including negligence of the Releasees. I consent to the use, broadcast, distribution, exhibition or exploitation of any recordings, photographs, videotapes of me or other record of this event, and/or my participation in The SportMedBC InTraining Program or related events and grant full permission to SportMedBC, and/or agents authorized by them, to use my name and/or likeness, and/or any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event, of me, for any legitimate purpose related to The SportMedBC InTraining Program, without any compensation to me.
MEDICAL TREATMENT: If I am unable to consent at the time due to injury or illness, I hereby consent to the administration of first aid and other emergency medical treatment for any injury or illness that occurs during any of my participation in The SportMedBC InTraining Program. Further, I hereby release and forever discharge the Releasees Parties from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered as contemplated hereunder. This Release and its application and interpretation will be governed exclusively by the laws of British Columbia and the parties agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia
I Agree I HEARBY ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER. I UNDERSTAND THAT, BY REGISTERING FOR THE SPORTMEDBC INTRAINING PROGRAM, I ACCEPT ITS TERMS. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR CHILD, IF APPLICABLE
I Agree I HAVE READ THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR THE SPORTMEDBC INTRAINING PROGRAM, AND I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM
COVID-19 Questionnaire, Attestation and Participant Agreement
Application - all SportMedBC’s Members (athletes, training, coaches, officials, associates) and family members (“Participants”) of those in attendance at club/training group activities.
I attest that I, or as the case may be my minor child Participant indicated below (collectively “Participant”) am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath or malaise (severe fatigue or feeling of being generally unwell).
If Participant develops these symptoms, I agree that Participant will leave the premises immediately and immediately inform Medical Health Officer (or delegate) at your local health authority.
I am aware that Participant must follow the safety and hygiene protocols of the Province of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and the SportMedBC’s 2021 InTraining Program.
I attest that:
• Participant has not travelled internationally in the past fourteen (14) days.
• Participant has not travelled outside the Province of British Columbia in the last fourteen (14) days.
• Participant has not travelled to an area highly impacted by COVID-19 within my Province in the past fourteen (14) days.
• I have not and do not believe that Participant has been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
I attest that:
• Participant has not been diagnosed with COVID-19
• Participant has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and been cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities (confirmation from a medical practitioner will be required and maintained in a confidential file by the organization)
I acknowledge and agree that Participant will follow recommended guidelines, laws and protocols of the Province of British Columbia, the Provincial Health Officer, and SportMedBC in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
All Participants of the SportMedBC’s 2021 Training Program agree to abide by the following points when entering training facilities, clinic host locations and/or participating in club/training group activities under the COVID-19 Response plan and RTP Protocol:
- Participant agrees to symptom screening checks and will let SportMedBC, their clinic coordinator/training group know if they have experienced any of the symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Participant agree to stay home if feeling sick and remain home for 14 days if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Participant agrees to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the facility/group training session, with soap & water or sanitizer.
- Participant agrees to sanitize the equipment (shared and personal equipment) they use throughout their practice with approved cleaning products provided by SportMedBC/training group.
- Participant agrees to continue to follow social distancing protocols of staying at least 2m away from others.
- Participant agrees to not share any equipment during practice times.
- Participant agrees to abide by all of SportmedBC’s and their clinic host locations' COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines.
- Participant understands that if they do not abide by the aforementioned policies/guidelines that they may be asked to leave the clinic/training group for up to 14 days to help protect the participant and others around them.
- Participant acknowledges that continued abuse of the policies and/or guidelines may result in the temporary suspension of their Program participation.
- Participant acknowledges that there are risks associated with entering training facilities and/or participating in program/training group activities, and that the measures taken by SportMedBC’s training clinics and participants, including those set out above and under the COVID-19 Response Plan and Return to Sport Protocols, will not entirely eliminate those risks.
I acknowledge that the foregoing statements are true.
Date of Signature: October 26, 2021