Rental company name: THE LOGE & RESORT AT LAKE MARY RONAN
Date: September 18, 2021
Boat rental check-out and training
General boating safety
- Maintaining safe speed/monitor surroundings/drive defensively/no aggressive maneuvers
- Maintaining a safe distance from other boats, objects and people
- Do not enter the water without a lifejacket on, engine turned off and key removed
- Conduct a head count before starting the engine
- Always remain seated while the boat is in motion
- Absolutely no sitting on the bow, sides or stern
- Importance of attaching the engine shut-off cord/lanyard
- Engine start and shut-off procedures
- Dangers of CO2
- Refueling procedures and engine blower use (if applicable)
- Sound five blasts of the horn or whistle to signal danger or need for assistance
- Boats do not have brakes – stopping the engine will not stop the boat
- Proper boat anchoring procedures (if applicable)
- Navigation rules – local laws, regulations, hazards and navigational markers
- Towing sports safety, if allowed (i.e. water skiing, wake boarding, tubing)
Personal watercraft (PWC)
- Dangers of water being forced into body cavities from the jet thrust nozzle – wetsuit or wetsuit bottoms recommended
- Never apply throttle if any participants are in the water near the PWC
- Dangers of loose items (i.e. clothing, hair, stones, etc.) being sucked into the jet drive intake
- A life jacket must always be worn with kill switch lanyard attached
- Horseplay is never allowed – no spraying or splashing others; no wake or wave jumping
- Stopping the engine will not stop forward motion
- Steering control is lost when the throttle is released, or when the engine is shut off
- How to respond to a capsized PWC
Houseboat and pontoon boat
- Keep fingers free from gates and hinges when exiting the boat
- Proper use of navigation and anchor lights (houseboats only)
- Keep gates closed and participants seated inside the gated area at all times when engine is running
- Towing other boats is not permitted
- If the boat has an upper deck:
- No one is allowed on the upper deck while the engine is running
- No jumping from the upper deck
- A spotter must be present when participants are on the upper deck or using the slide
I agree and understand
- I have received sufficient instruction and training, including, but not limited to, the pertinent areas listed above. I am prepared to safely operate the rented boat.
- All participants must complete and sign all rental forms; there are to be no additional participants after the checkout procedure is completed.
- Operation of the boat is not allowed by anyone that is under the influence of any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol.
- No boat operation from dusk to dawn.
- In addition to the terms noted above, I have been given an opportunity to ask any additional questions regarding the operation of the rented boat.
- I have been provided emergency contact information.
September 18, 2021