IN CONSIDERATION of allowing me to participate in outdoor recreation related events and activities hosted by The Lockwood Foundation, a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Charity.
I WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
1. I am familiar with the risk of serious injury and death which any participant in this outdoor adventures such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering trip must assume, and
2. I believe that I am physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in these activities, and
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times, the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me, and 4. I will immediately remove myself from participation, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness for continued participation in the adventure activities such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, that my participation in activities such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering, and execution of this document constitutes
5. an unqualified ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with participation in activities such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering trips by me even if arising from the negligence, or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, or the backpacking/mountaineering trip organizer and any persons associated therewith or participating therein, and
6. a FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY of trip organizer and all persons and organizations associated with it and the adventure activities such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering trips including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, its officers, directors, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, owners and/or leasers of the premises/area used to conduct the backpacking/mountaineering trip, sanctioning bodies, medical or rescue personnel (the RELEASEES), of and from and with respect to all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence, gross negligence, or negligent rescue of or by the foregoing, or otherwise, and
7. an UNDERTAKING NOT TO SUE the RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from my participation in the adventure activities such as but not limited to hiking, camping and mountaineering, and
8. an AGREEMENT TO INDEMIFY, and SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expenses, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise.
9. that The Lockwood Foundation may use any items considered “MEDIA” in their own social media, marketing, advertising or promotion of their events, activities and organization.