SPECIAL EVENTS WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement against
Charlotte’s Freedom Farm & Lauren Edwards
(Hereinafter referred to as the “Waiver”)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue or claim compensation following an accident.
To: Charlotte’s Freedom Farm, Lauren Edwards, their servants, agents, officers, volunteers, sponsors, employees, successors, and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as “CHARLOTTE’S”).
In this Waiver the term “Special Events Activities” refers to all activities associated with the Participant’s use and/or participation, of and/or at any events or equipment at any facilities owned and/or operated by CHARLOTTE’S, including, but not limited to facilities located at 9543 Brook Line, Dresden, Ontario, including, but not limited to, activities involving any care or handling provided to any animal, any use of equipment, parking, land, facilities and products, participation in any activities, events conducted by CHARLOTTE’S or other parties and their activities, and services in any way connected with or related to Special Events Activities during the events facilitated by CHARLOTTE’S.
RELEASES OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of CHARLOTTE’S agreeing to allow me to use any CHARLOTTE’S facilities and allowing any Special Events Activities, I hereby agree as:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I/we have or may in the future have against CHARLOTTE’S AND TO RELEASE CHARLOTTE’S from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury that I/we may suffer as a result of my participation in Special Events Activities. DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.O, 1990. c.O.2 ON THE PART OF CHARLOTTE’S. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF CHARLOTTE’S TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN SPECIAL EVENTS ACTIVITIES REFERRED TO ABOVE.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND IMDEMNIFY CHARLOTTE’S from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in any Special Events Activities.
- This Waiver shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
- This Waiver and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction; and
- That my participation in any Special Events Activities is voluntary. I assume full responsibility for any injuries or damages resulting from my participation in any and all Special Events Activities. I recognize and understand that these activities may be hazardous, and injury may include bites, scratches, communicable illnesses, or pests contracted from any animal. I recognize and understand that my participation is solely at my own risk, and that I assume full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS WAIVER. I UNDERSTAND AND CONFIRM THAT BY SIGNING THIS WAIVER I HAVE GIVEN UP CONSIDERABLE FUTURE LEGAL RIGHTS. I HAVE SIGNED THIS WAIVER FREELY, VOLUNTARILY, UNDER NO DURESS OR THREAT OF DURESS, WITHOUT INDUCEMENT, PROMISE, OR GUARANTEE BEING COMMUNICATED TO ME. I HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE AND HAVE DONE SO OR CHOSEN NOT TO BY MY OWN FREE WILL. MY SIGNATURE IS PROOF OF MY INTENTION TO EXECUTE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL WAIVER OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND MENTALLY COMPETENT TO ENTER GRANT THIS WAIVER.
Dated: August 19, 2022