Equipment Rental Agreement And Release of Liability
Please read carefully before signing.
- I accept for use “as is” the equipment listed on this form (the “equipment”), and accept full responsibility for the care of the equipment while it is in my possession.
- I will be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any equipment rented under this form, but not returned to the shop.
- I agree to return all equipment by 6:00 pm on the agreed return date (April 1, 2023) in clean condition to avoid any additional charges. Damaged equipment will be assessed on an individual basis, and additional fees up to full replacement value will be charged.Side Country Sports, LLC will charge user’s credit card for a $50 Late Fee for all equipment not returned within thirty (30) days after the return date. Side Country Sports, LLC will charge the full replacement value of all equipment not returned within sixty (60) days after the return date.
- If I do not know how to use the equipment, I will ask a shop employee.
- I have made no misrepresentations concerning my height, weight, age or skier type.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Side Country Sports, LLC and its owners, agents and employees, as well as the equipment manufacturers and distributors for any loss or damage, including any that results from claims for personal injury, death, or property damage related to the use of the equipment.
- I understand that there are inherent and other risks involved in the sports of snow skiing and snowboarding, for which this equipment is to be used, that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the sport, and I freely and voluntarily agree to expressly assume all risks of injury or death that may result from skiing and snowboarding or which relate in any way to the use of the equipment.
- ALPINE SKI: I understand that a ski-binding-boot system will not release at all times or under all circumstances where release may prevent injury or death, nor is it possible to predict every situation in which it will release, and it is, therefore, no guarantee of my safety.
- SNOWBOARD: I understand that the snowboarding equipment being furnished utilizes a snowboard/boot/ binding system which is a NON RELEASE system and its use cannot guarantee the user’s safety and that this snowboard/ boot/binding system DOES NOT REDUCE THE RISK of injuries to any part of the user’s body.
- This agreement is governed by all applicable laws of the state of Maine. If any provision of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall be given full force and effect.
- I further agree that any claim or suit that I may bring for any reason against Side Country Sports, LLC shall be brought only in the state or federal courts of Maine and that I must give Side Country Sports, LLC, by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address indicated above, written notice of any claim within sixty (60) days after the event giving rise to the claim.
- I hereby release Side Country Sports LLC, and its owners, agents and employees, as well as the manufacturers and distributors of the equipment, from any and all liability for claims, whether sounding in negligence, misrepresentation, breach of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, products liability or other legal theory, for loss or damages for bodily injury, including death, to myself or any other person, or for loss or damages to my property or the property of any other person, resulting from the selection, installation, maintenance, adjustment or use of the equipment.
- I hereby assume the full risk and responsibility for any and all loss or damages, including claims for personal injury, including death, to myself or to others, and claims for the damage to or destruction of property, whether belonging to me or to others, in any way arising from the use of the equipment.
- In season changes will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis when sizes are available.
- During the Winter - 2022/2023 season there are no refunds for season lease equipment leased at Sidecountry Sports if ski area operations don't start the season or cease to operate during the Winter.