Westminster Presbyterian Youth Ministry Covenant
While participating in any Westminster Presbyterian Youth event, trip, or gathering on- or off-campus, I will do my best to live together with others as a family in Christian community. I will love, respect, trust, support, and encourage others. I will seek to create and maintain a safe atmosphere that promotes inclusivity and the value of all people as God's children.
1. When away from Westminster Presbyterian Church, I will recognize that I am a guest to our hosts. As a guest, I will be considerate to our hosts and to their leadership team. I will respond to them with gratitude for their hospitality.
2. I agree to abide by all rules laid out by the Westminster Presbyterian Youth staff and volunteers, and I will be respectful of all Youth staff and volunteer leaders.
3. As a member of Westminster Presbyterian Youth:
- I WILL NOT bring or use any harmful substances or weapons including, but not limited to: weapons of any kind, fireworks, drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or prescription medications other than my own.
- I WILL NOT engage in any behaviors of sexual harassment or bring/watch sexually explicit videos while participating in Westminster trips and events.
4. As a member of Westminster Presbyterian Youth, I WILL:
- Be responsible for my own belongings and respect the property of others.
- Participate with a good attitude, as I am able, in all activities of the youth ministry trips and events.
- Care for and be respectful of the property of Westminster and/or our hosts.
- Be appropriate in my expressions of care and concern.
- Ask Youth leaders for care and concern when I need it.
- Treat all people I encounter with love and respect.
5. Covid Measures: During the ongoing pandemic of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, and the declaration of a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), I agree to abide by all guidelines set forth by the Session of Westminster Presbyterian Church, which are set in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). I agree to follow any additional measures put in place by Youth staff and volunteers, our hosts, guidelines in other states, or event venues where we may participate.
As a participant in the Youth Ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church, I agree to abide by this covenant while participating in any Westminster Youth gathering, event, or trip, both on- and off-campus. I understand that breaking this covenant may result in my parents or guardians being notified, and that I may be asked to go home at my parents' or guardians' expense. Moreover, I will not be allowed to participate in Westminster events until it is determined that I can abide by the guidelines of this covenant.
Please refer all questions to:
Associate Pastor for Youth & Young Adults
Date: January 22, 2022