ADULT & PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, including permission for myself and the minor(s) listed below (“Minor(s)”) (each, a “Participant”, and collectively, the “Participants”) to skate and otherwise participate in related activities at the ice rink located at The Johns Hopkins University, I certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and I, intending to be legally bound, for myself, my successor, heirs, assigns, executors, estates, representatives, and administrators, and as the parent/legal guardian of the Minor(s) on behalf of the Minor(s) voluntarily:
1. Agree that prior to participating in the event or activity, I will inspect the facilities, equipment, and areas where the event or activity is being conducted and, if I believe any of them are unsafe, I will immediately advise a person supervising the event, activity, facility, or area;
2. Acknowledge that each Participant fully understands that their respective participation is voluntary and may involve or expose them to physical exertion and a wide variety of hazards or risks that may result in accident, illness, serious physical injury or death, damage or loss of personal property, economic or monetary losses, and other contingencies, which may result not only from their own actions, in-actions, or negligence, but also from the actions, in-actions, or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment, or areas where the event or activity is being conducted, the rules of play, or this type of event or activity; that I voluntarily assume all of the foregoing hazards and risks, the results and consequences thereof; and that each Participant understands that The Johns Hopkins University, Seaside Ice, LLC dba Ice-America, Ice-World International, All Access Staging & Productions, and their respective owners, officers, trustees, shareholders, members, directors, insurers, lenders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) assume no responsibility or liability for or in connection with any of the foregoing;
3. Forever release, waive, discharge, and relinquish Releasees from any and all harms, injuries, liability, loss, damage, expenses, claim, demand, or cause of action of whatever kind or nature, whether in law or in equity, brought, in whole or in part, against Releasees which arise out of, are related or attributable to, or are in connection with any Participant’s participation in the event or activity (collectively, “Claims”), whether the same shall arise by Releasees’ negligence or otherwise;
4. Assume any and all risks of personal injuries to each Participant and authorize Releasees to contact or employ a licensed physician or call 9-1-1 to render any medical treatment that may be deemed reasonably necessary for a Participant or to take and admit them to any hospital. If such medical treatment or hospitalization is required, I agree Releasees are not responsible for and will not pay any medical and hospital bills relating thereto, damages relating to permanent or partial disability or death, or any other damages or losses to a Participant or their property (including any damages resulting from third party claims), caused by or arising from a Participant’s participation in the event or activity;
5. Covenant not to sue or present any claim for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death for or on behalf of any Participant against Releasees attributable to a Participant’s participation in the event or activity; and further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Releasees from any and all Claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, which may be brought against Releasees, or any one of them, by anyone claiming to have been injured as a result of a Participant’s participation in the event or activity.;
6. Agree that photographs, pictures, slides, movies, or videos of Participants may be taken in connection with their participation in the event or activity, and consent to the use of such photographs, pictures, slides, movies, or videos for any legal purpose, without compensation from Releasees and further consent that each Participant’s identity may be revealed either therein, or by description, text, commentary, or otherwise, and waive any and all rights, claims, or interest in such photographs, pictures, slides, movies, videos, description, text, or commentary, and understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration;
7. Represent and warrant that each Participant is in good health and physical condition and has no physical, health related, or other problems or conditions that would prevent or restrict any Participant’s participation in the event or activity or otherwise render their participation dangerous or harmless to them or others participating in the event or activity;
8. Acknowledge that Releasees are not joint sponsors, joint venturers, partners, or otherwise jointly engaged in the above named event or activity; and
9. Agree that this agreement is to be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to its conflict of law’s provisions; agree that any dispute about this agreement or claim any Participant might make will be brought in the state or federal courts of Maryland; and agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, which shall continue to be enforceable.
THIS DOCUMENT RELIEVES RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE. A PARENT OR LEGALLY APPOINTED GUARDIAN MUST SIGN.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE FULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN VOLUNTARILY TO AGREE TO ITS TERMS WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE, FULLY INTENDED TO BE BOUND BY IT. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE INDEPENDENT COUNSEL REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM SPECIFICALLY ADVISED TO RETAIN COUNSEL TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT. I AM AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, AM LEGALLY COMPETENT TO SIGN THIS RELEASE, AND DO SO OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD WEAR HEAD PROTECTION.
Today's Date: November 30, 2022