Check to agree with terms below: By checking the box I am signing this release of liability document and all the terms and conditions written below.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, WAIVER OF CENTRAL FLORIDA SKATE PARK LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK BY YOU THE PARTICIPANT OR THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF ANY MINOR PARTICIPANT:
I hereby agree to waive any and all liability, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Central Florida Skate Park (Central Florida Skate Park) and their owners, agents, staff, volunteers, participants on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative, or estate and acknowledge the following:
Skateboarding, in-line skating, roller skating, push-scooters, and related activities herein defined as “Action Sports” are inherently dangerous activities. Participation in action sports including mere presence or observing whether or not actually participating carries a serious risk of injury or even death. Central Florida Skate Park requires the use of a helmet for all action sports. Central Florida Skate Park recommends use of pads, guards and any other safety equipment appropriate for said activities. Failure to use safety equipment may increase your risk of injury. The risks include, but are not limited to: Collisions, my own equipment failure or the failure of others’ equipment; my own or others’ negligence; objects or conditions that may cause me to experience serious injury and even death. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks of this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary to train and enhance my skill, and I elect to participate with full knowledge of the risks and waiver of Central Florida Skate Park liability for those risks.
I acknowledge that skateboarding and other such “Action Sports” within this facility require health and physical fitness. Participantswith any underlining health conditions (i.e. heart conditions, bone or muscular injuries, pregnancy, etc.) shall not be eligible to train in this facility. My signature below indicates that I do not have any underlying health issues and to the best of my knowledge, I am healthy and physically able to participate in the activities that are performed within this facility.
- Florida Law creates substantial limitations on liability to encourage and promote the availability of Action Sports facilities and to further promote the many benefits of Action Sports activities.
- Central Florida Skate Park hereby fully invokes any and all limitations of liability that may exist under current statutory law and Appellate Law Interpretation including but not limited to the specific legislative intent of Florida Statute 316.0085.
- Any person who participates in or assists in skateboarding, inline skating, roller skating or scootering assumes the known and unknown inherent risks in these activities irrespective of age, and is legally responsible for all damages, injury, or death to himself or herself or other persons or property which result from these activities. Any person who observes skateboarding, inline skating, roller skating or push-scootering assumes the known and unknown inherent risks in these activities irrespective of age, and is legally responsible for all damages, injury, or death to himself or herself which result from these activities.
- While engaged in skateboarding, inline skating, roller skating or push -scootering, irrespective of where such activities occur, a participant is responsible for doing all of the following:
(a) Acting within the limits of his or her ability and the purpose and design of the equipment used.
(b) Maintaining control of his or her person and the equipment used.
- Refraining from acting in any manner which may cause or contribute to death or injury to themselves or others.
- Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph shall constitute negligence by you the participant.
I have reviewed the Central Florida Skate Park safety and rules guidelines and hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Central Florida Skate Park from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Central Florida Skate Park’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Central Florida Skate Park. IN THE EVENT LITIGATION ARISES OUT OF OR RELATING TO Central Florida Skate Park’s ENFORCEMENT OF THIS WAIVER, OR IF ANY LEGAL ACTION IS INITIATED BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS WAIVER, YOU AGREE THAT Central Florida Skate Park WILL BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER ITS REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES INCURRED IN INVESTIGATING, PREPARING FOR, PROSECUTING, DEFENDING AGAINST OR OTHERWISE LITIGATING ANY SUCH ACTION. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have. In the event that I file a lawsuit against Central Florida Skate Park, I agree to do so solely in the state of Florida, County of Orange in a court of competent jurisdiction. I further agree that the substantive law of the State of Florida shall apply in that action. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By checking the box above and signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged upon entering Central Florida Skate Park or during my participation in this activity, I acknowledge my intention is to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Central Florida Skate Park. Further, I may in fact owe to Central Florida Skate Park the reimbursement for Attorney Fees and costs incurred by Central Florida Skate Park. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understsnd it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
In addition to the above, Central Florida Skate Park may, from time to time, take pictures and video footage of skatepark participants for social media and promotional purposes. Such photos/videos will be used for other purpose than to promote the skate park and the talent that it holds.
*No participant shall enter the skating/scootering area with a signed liability waiver, whether skating, scootering or spectating.
Today's Date: October 6, 2022