TO: ALAYUK ADVENTURES, and their directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as “the Releasees”)
In this Release Agreement the term "Wilderness Activities” shall include all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees including, but not limited to: dog sledding, hiking; backpacking;wildlife viewing;back country travel; orientational and instructional courses, seminars and sessions; accommodation; transport to and from the trail head or marshalling areas; and all other activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to these activities.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM. I am aware that participation in Wilderness Activities involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: travel on extreme terrain, particularly high, exposed ridge tops, steep pitches, or where the trail or route is less defined and therefore rough or unstable; travel in areas where fallen timber, shrubbery, branches,rocks, roots or other obstacles or hazards may impede or hinder travel; travel on or through boulder fields, avalanche and landslide paths, snow fields and glaciers; travel across or beside creeks, streams, rivers, ponds and lakes; encounters with domestic and wild animals, sudden and unexpected changes or variations in the hiking terrain; collisions with motor vehicles and natural or man-made objects; miscellaneous health problems related to overexposure to the sun, the cold, insect bites, fatigue, stress, dehydration, exertion, high altitude, lack of fitness, or infectious disease contracted through viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi which may be transmitted through direct or indirect contact. Participants may become lost or separated from their guide or party. Communication in the alpine or backcountry terrain is difficult and in the event of an accident, rescue and medical treatment may not be immediately available. Alpine and back country weather conditions may be extreme and can change rapidly and without warning. I am also aware that a further risk, danger and hazard of Wilderness Activities is negligence, inattention, or inexperience of other persons in the party and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF WILDERNESS ACTIVITIES REFERRED TO ABOVE.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS,DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH WILDERNESS ACTIVITIES AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to my participation in the Wilderness Activities and permitting my use of their services, equipment and other facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND TORELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the Wilderness Activities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE WILDERNESS ACTIVITIES REFERRED TOABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the Wilderness Activities;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Yukon Territory where the Wilderness Activities take place and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Yukon Territory where the Wilderness Activities take place and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that territory..
6. In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of participating in the Wilderness Activities, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
7. To indemnify the Releasees for the Search and Rescues costs.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Today's date: November 26, 2021