General Acknowledgements Before you Review the Release
***The next pages you review will be a liability release and waiver. Before review the liability release and waiver, please acknowledge the following:
1. I am financially responsible for any damage I cause to the range or any property of the range. If I am responsible for a minor using the premises, I am financially responsible for any damage they cause to the range or any property of the range.
2. I am NOT under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If I am responsible for a minor using the premises, he or she is NOT under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
3. I am NOT prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law or Pennsylvania law. If I am responsible for a minor using the premises, he or she is NOT prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law or Pennsylvania law.
4. I have watched the safety video in its entirety and have no other questions.
General Safety Rules
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond. Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy. Always keep the firearm pointed down range at the trap.
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
- Only unloaded and cased firearms or firearms holstered on your person may be brought on Shoot Indoors KOP LLC property.
- Only firearms that have been properly maintained should be used.
- Only remove the unloaded firearm from its case on the bench inside the stall of the range lane. Firearms are only to be handled inside the stall. Always keep the firearm pointed down range.
- Keep the action open and visible (ejection port up) while unloaded.
- Do not transfer uncased firearms from lane to lane. Do not pass firearms directly from person to person. Place the unloaded firearm on the bench and allow the next person to pick it up.
- A maximum of three shooters is permitted in a single lane.
- For any firearm or ammunition problem (hang fire or squib load), keep the firearm pointed downrange for at least 30 seconds. If you require assistance, signal for the Range Safety Officer (RSO).
- Only aimed controlled shooting is permitted. All rifles must have an aiming device. Pistol shotguns are prohibited.
- No rapid fire of a firearm is permitted unless authorized by Shoot Indoors KOP staff.
- No fully automatic firearms or firearms with binary triggers or forced reset triggers are permitted unless authorized by Shoot Indoors KOP staff.
- Only remove a firearm from a holster in the shooting stall when authorized by Shoot Indoors KOP staff.
- Targets should be positioned at eye level. Shots should only strike the target, backer and backstop. Cross firing at another lane’s target is prohibited.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Tracer and incendiary ammunition is prohibited.
- All handgun calibers are permitted. Rifle calibers up to 30-06 are permitted any time. Higher calibers may be accommodated during special events.
- Slug shotgun shells are permitted. Birdshot, buckshot, black powder and muzzleloaders are prohibited.
- All rental firearms must use ammunition purchased at the time of rental.
- No one under 10 years of age is permitted in the range.
- Persons under 21 must have a completed waiver signed and be accompanied by an authorized parent or guardian who is over 21 to shoot a firearm unless participating in Shoot Indoors KOP LLC training.
Health and Safety
- Smoking and tobacco use is prohibited in the facility. No food, drink or gum is permitted in the range.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any substance which may impair you is prohibited.
- Inform Range staff if you have a medical condition which may cause a safety hazard, such as epilepsy.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing may only enter the range with Doctor’s permission due to the risk of lead exposure.
- Eye and ear protection is required at all times. We strongly recommend both ear plugs and ear muffs.
- Shirt, pants and shoes are required. Due to hot brass, we suggest using a hat. Open-toed shoes, low-cut shirts and shorts or baggy clothing that could hamper safe operation of the firearm are prohibited.
- We recommend you wash your hands when you leave the range to reduce lead exposure.
- Ammunition for rental firearms must be purchased at the time of the rental.
- Rentals should be unloaded with the magazine removed and placed in the provided container for transporting to and from the shooting stall.
- A buddy is required for all firearm rentals unless participating in Shoot Indoors KOP LLC training.
Damage to the Range
- You are responsible for repair or replacement costs, as determined by Shoot Indoors KOP LLC, for any damage or destruction you cause to Shoot Indoors KOP LLC property. Any damage or destruction to Shoot Indoors KOP LLC property may result in the revocation of range privileges.
Cleanliness of your area
- Never place ammunition in the garbage. Place “dud” rounds in the provided bucket.
- You may collect only your own shell casings in your stall area.
- If something falls forward of the firing line, do not attempt to retrieve it.
- Place used targets and trash in the designated areas.
- Everyone must check in and out at the range counter before and after shooting. You must have a valid government issued ID, participate in the Shoot Indoors Safety Orientation and have a signed Waiver and Release of Liability on file.
- Allow one door to close before opening the next one to minimize noise and airflow disruptions.
- Shoot Indoors KOP LLC reserves the right to inspect and refuse the use of any firearms and ammunition.
- Only Shoot Indoors KOP LLC approved paper targets may be used.
- If you exhibit behavior that causes concern or suspicion of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will be refused use of the range.
- All commands given by the RSO must be followed. If the command “cease fire” is given, stop and wait for further direction. You will likely be instructed to unload your firearm and step back. Do not re-approach the firing line or pick up any firearm until the RSO gives the “all clear” command.
- If you don’t completely understand how to operate your firearm safely, please ask for assistance.
- You must report all negligent discharges, damages or injuries – no matter how minor – immediately.
- Report any behaviors or conditions that you feel are unsafe or inappropriate to the RSO immediately.
- This is a family friendly facility so please respect others with both your language and your behavior.
Shoot Indoors KOP LLC is not responsible for damage or loss to personal equipment used at the range.
Shoot Indoors KOP LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at its discretion. The Range may be closed for maintenance, private parties, special events or training at Shoot Indoors KOP LLC’s sole discretion.
I understand that I have a responsibility to myself and others to use firearms safely and I agree to follow ALL rules of firearm safety at all times while at the range.
LIABILITY RELEASE AND WAIVER
You are about to read a liability release and waiver. All of its contents are very important.
To participate, you must not be prohibited from possessing firearms and you may face criminal penalties if you are.
You are financially responsible for any damage caused by you or a minor for whom you are responsible.
Shoot Indoors KOP, LLC (“Shoot Indoors KOP”) requires this Liability Release and Waiver (the “Release”) to be completed by every person entering its property, including without limitation any building, parking areas, sidewalks and land, leased, occupied, used or accessed by Shoot Indoors KOP, located at 514 Shoemaker Road King of Prussia, PA 19406 (the “Premises”) for the purposes of participating in: shooting, handling, and carrying of a firearm, alone or with trained individuals; renting firearms from Shoot Indoors KOP; handling and firing live ammunition; observing individuals discharging firearms; eating and drinking, including any type of alcoholic beverage; parking; and any other use of, or activity on, the Premises (collectively, the “Activities”).
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT AND YOU ARE WAIVING CERTAIN RIGHTS – READ IT VERY CAREFULLY.
THIS WAIVER, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT IS A RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
IN FAVOR OF SHOOT INDOORS KOP, LLC.
1. Activities Not Prohibited. By signing this Release, I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), acknowledge and represent to Shoot Indoors KOP that I (or my son, daughter, or the child to who I am legal guardian) am/is not prohibited from entering the Premises or from carrying, possessing, receiving or using a firearm, in accordance with any local, state or federal law or court order. I understand and acknowledge that prohibitions on possessing firearms can include criminal convictions (including some misdemeanors), bail restrictions, probation restrictions, parole restrictions, being under indictment for certain crimes (including some misdemeanors), being a fugitive from justice, adjudications of delinquency (court cases from when you were a minor), involuntary mental health treatment (such as having been treated under Sections 302, 303 or 304 of the Pennsylvania Mental Health Procedures Act), being adjudicated as a mental defective, having renounced United States citizenship, restraining orders (such as Protection from Abuse orders), being discharged from the armed forces under dishonorable conditions, being court martialed for certain offenses, being an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (this includes but is not limited to marijuana, which remains prohibited under federal law, even if it is legal in your state for medicinal or recreational purposes), or being an alien of a certain status.
2. Risks. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge and understand that the Activities as defined above include inherent dangers and risks including, but not limited to, theft, property damage, physical injury and/or disability, emotional injury and/or disability, emotional distress, and death, all of which may result from gunshot wounds or other wounds that are intentionally or unintentionally caused by me or another person. I also acknowledge and understand the existence of other risks, known or unknown, that are associated with the Activities, including, but not limited to, inhalation of lead vapor or other fumes, hearing and vision damage, or injuries to my vision and skin from gunshot flashes and debris. I further acknowledge and understand that while medical opinions differ, lead vapor levels and noise associated with the Activities may be harmful during pregnancy and cause reproductive problems.
COVID-19 and Other Communicable Diseases. COVID-19 IS AN EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS DISEASE THAT CAN LEAD TO SEVERE ILLNESS AND DEATH. AN INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 EXISTS IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE REGARDLESS OF PRECAUTIONS THAT MAY BE TAKEN. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge and understand the existence of other risks, known or unknown, that are associated with the Activities. I further represent and affirm that I have not, within the last 14 days: a) tested positive or presumptively positive for COVID-19 or other Communicable Disease; b) experienced symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19 or any other Communicable Disease; or c) been in direct contact with or the immediate vicinity of any person who is confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 or and other Communicable Disease. The term “Communicable Disease” as used herein includes COVID-19, any strains, variants, or mutations thereof, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and/or any other communicable and/or infectious diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses or the causes thereof. All these risks described are referred to as “Risks.”
3. Participant’s Assumption of the Risks. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to fully appreciate the above defined Risks and any others that may exist, and that in participating in any of the Activities, I do so entirely voluntarily and at my own risk. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge that understand the risks, hazards, and associated dangers of engaging in shooting activities. I further acknowledge, on behalf of myself, my son or daughter that I have sufficient knowledge and training engage in shooting and/or related range activity. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, further state that by participating in the Activities I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of theft, loss, property damage, personal or emotional injury of any type including damage to my reproductive system, or death, that may be sustained by me or my baby as a result. I the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, understand and acknowledge that I MUST follow and adhere to all safety precautions provided by Shoot Indoors KOP or its employees, whether in writing or orally, such as the wearing of eye and ear protection and the manner in which Participant is to handle firearms.
4. Representation of Mental/Physical Illness. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, represent and affirm that I, my son or daughter, have no physical or mental illness which may preclude my ability to participate in the Activities in a safe manner, and further represent and affirm that I, or my son or daughter, is not under the influence of alcohol or any drugs which may affect my, his or her, ability to maintain safety in a way that does not endanger myself, son or daughter, or others.
5. Release of Claims and Waiver. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, my heirs, personal representatives, heirs, family members, assigns, agents, executors, or administrators do hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Shoot Indoors KOP, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, successors, assigns, and agents (collectively, the “Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property or liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while on the Premises, including any and all claims of Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees’ ordinary and gross negligence, to the fullest extent allowed by law. This Release applies to the Risks described above and to any inherent risks not specifically stated in this Release, and to any loss, property damage, personal injury or death, associated or related to those Risks.
6. Damage to Shoot Indoors KOP Property. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge and understand that if I, or my son or daughter, cause any intentional or unintentional damage to any Shoot Indoors KOP property, it will be my sole financial responsibility, which will be repaired and/or replaced at Shoot Indoors KOP’s discretion.
7. Indemnification. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees that Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees may incur due to my entry on the Property, whether caused by the ordinary or gross negligence of Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
8. No Falsification of Information. I certify that the information provided herein is true and correct and that I will be solely financially responsible for any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees that Shoot Indoors KOP Releasees may incur as a result of my providing false information.
9. ITAR. I certify that I am aware of the International Traffic in Arm Regulations (ITAR) and that none of the training or shooting activities in which I am engaging will violate any of the provisions of ITAR.
10. Emergency Medical Treatment. If there is an emergency, I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, authorize Shoot Indoors KOP to secure from any hospital, physician, or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care, and to secure or provide transportation to the facility. I understand that Shoot Indoors KOP has no obligation to engage in life saving activities, but that should they engage in live-saving activities or medical care that I agree to waive any and all claims or causes of action that might arise from that care. I agree that I will be responsible for payment of all medical services rendered.
11. Sole Discretion. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge and understand that all staff and/or authorized agents of Shoot Indoors KOPs may, at their sole discretion, remove me, my son or daughter, from the premises by any lawful means if it is determined that my participation, my son or daughter’s participation in the Activities presents a safety concern. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, acknowledge and understand that if I, or my son or daughter, am/is asked to leave the premises for any safety violations or concerns, that I will not receive any refund for any monies paid to Shoot Indoors KOP.
12. Media Release. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, my heirs, personal representatives, assigns, or agents, do hereby grant Shoot Indoors KOP the right to photograph me and use my picture, silhouette and other reproductions of my physical likeness (still photographs, motion picture film and/or video) in and in connection with an exhibition (theatrical, broadcast, etc.) or any motion pictures in which the same may be used or incorporated and also in the advertising, exploiting, and/or publicizing of any such motion picture without any compensation, monetary or otherwise. I further give Shoot Indoors KOP the right to reproduce in any manner whatsoever any recording of my voice.
13. Extent of Liability Release. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, further expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad as permitted under the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, if any portion herein is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalid or unenforceable provision shall not limit or affect the remaining clauses of this Release.
14. Binding Effect. This Release is binding upon the Participant and his or her heirs, executors, administrators and assigns. It further includes any minors accompanying the Participant.
15. No Oral Modification. By signing this release, the undersigned acknowledges and understands that this Release cannot be modified orally.
16. Governing Law/Forum Selection. I, the Participant (or if a minor, the undersigned Parent or Guardian), on behalf of myself, my son or daughter, agree that this Release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and that any disputes shall be resolved in the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF I DO NOT WANT TO RELEASE SHOOT INDOORS KOP RELEASEES FROM LIABILITY OR WAIVE MY RIGHTS TO SUE THEM, I DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PERMITTED ACTIVITIES IDENTIFIED ABOVE AND THAT MY ENTRY AND USE OF THE PREMISES FOR THE ACTIVITIES IS ONLY ALLOWED UPON MY SIGNING OF THIS RELEASE. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO SIGN THIS RELEASE, THOUGH PERMITTED UPON THE PROPERTY, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND THAT MY SIGNATURE BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO SHOOT INDOORS KOP RELEASEES, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER PENNSYLVANIA LAW. ADDITIONALLY, FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 YEARS, THIS WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT MUST BE SIGNED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO IS PRESENT TO ACCOMPANY THE UNDERAGE PERSON WHILE SHOOTING ANY TYPE OF FIREARM AND WHO CERTIFIES THAT THEY ARE IN FACT THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE UNDERAGE PERSON.