CHAPARRAL ICE WAIVER OF LIABILITY. Assumption of Risk: I am aware that ice skating, hockey, broomball, and/or other activities, including spectating events at an ice arena (the "Activities"), involve inherent risks, dangers and hazards which can result in serious personal injury or death. I hereby freely and voluntarily agree to assume and accept all known and unknown risks of injury arising out of my participation in the Activities or my presence at the ice arena, including the risk of personal injury or death, and the risk of lost, stolen or damaged property, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the actual event or Activity. I recognize and acknowledge that risks associated with the Activities can be greatly reduced by: taking lessons, abiding by the Responsibility Code, following posted notices and warnings, and using common sense. Release and waiver of Claims: For allowing me to participate in the Activities at Chaparral Ice, I agree to the fullest extent permitted by law as follows: 1) TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR ACTIONS that I may have against Chaparral Ice, its employees, agents, officers, directors, owners and affiliates, for any such personal injury. 2) TO RELEASE Chaparral Ice, its employees, agents, officers, directors, owners and affiliates from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, or expense that I (or my next of kin, parent, guardian, estate) may suffer, whatsoever, including negligence or breach of contract on the part of Chaparral Ice in the operation, supervision, design or maintenance of its facility. Chaparral Ice may revoke this license and eject or refuse entry to the holder for violation of venue rules, illegal activity, misconduct or failure to comply with any and all safety and security measures. BE AWARE, SKATE WITH CARE – NO REFUNDS – NON-TRANSFERABLE
ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Chaparral Ice athletic program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHAPARRAL ICE their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
SKATE HELPER WAIVER RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I, the undersigned, in exchange for being permitted to use the Skate Aide provided by Chaparral Ice and their agents, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Chaparral Ice and their agents, its elected and appointed officials, and employees, against all claims, injuries or damages of whatever nature sustained to myself or my property as a result of the use of the Skate Aide. I understand that Chaparral Ice recommends I wear a helmet at all times while using the Skate Aide. I understand that Chaparral Ice does not provide helmets and that I must provide my own. I represent that I am paying Chaparral Ice and their agents for permission to use this device and I am willingly and knowingly understanding that this device was requested by myself for the explicit use of assisting me to skate. I further release and waive all claims and causes of action including but not limited to actions based on my negligence which may arise against Chaparral Ice Arena and their agents, its elected and appointed officials, and employees, as a result of any injury to my person or damages to my property resulting from my use of this device. I further agree for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns to defend and indemnify Chaparral Ice Arena and their agents and its elected and appointed officials, and employees, their sureties and each of them, against any and all manner of actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, claims, demands, or damages or liability or expense of every kind and nature incurred or arising by reason of any actual or claimed negligent or wrongful act or omission of mine while using the Skate Aide.
Skate Helper Rules:
1. I understand that the rate is $5 per half hour per helper.
2. I understand that I may only sign up for one skate helper rental session (30 minutes) at a time. Max of two per family.
3. I understand that when my time is up, I am responsible for returning my helper.
4. I understand that a Chaparral Ice employee may collect my helper from me if I do not return it on time.
5. I understand that if there is a resurface during my designated rental time, I will receive a 15-minute extension on my rental.
6. I understand that there are no refunds for any reason including but not limited to unused time.
7. I understand at times there is a waitlist and helpers are distributed on a first come first served basis. I understand that being on the waitlist does not guarantee me time with a helper.
8. I understand that if I do not claim my skate helper when it is offered my position in line will be forfeited.
9. I understand that I must abide by all Chaparral Ice standard public session rules, guidelines, and policies. I hereby represent that I have carefully read and understand the contents of this document and sign the same of my own free will.
For children under the age of eighteen (18) years, a parent's or guardian's signature is required for use of Skate Aide.
Today's Date: August 14, 2022
Chaparral Ice Centers
Training Center · 2525 West Anderson Ln.
512.252.8500 · www.chaparralice.com