A Parent or Legal Guardian must complete the below Consent Form before the named child can take part in an instructed session at a Stronghold Climbing Centre.
“All climbing and bouldering activities have a risk of serious injury or death. Participants must be aware of and accept that even if they follow all good practice there may still be the risk of accident and injury. It is the responsibility of the participant to adhere to the conditions of use.”
Before participating in climbing or bouldering at the Stronghold Climbing Centre the participating child and adult giving consent must have watched the Induction Video
It is important that you understand this document. There is inherent risk involved with climbing centres and associated activities. By signing this form you are stating you understand that these risks cannot be completely removed and are accepting the risks on behalf of the participant. If you do not understand any of the terminology or content, ask a member of staff to clarify.
1) Declaration of fitness: I certify that to the best of my knowledge that the under 18 participant named below does not suffer from any medical conditions which might be adversely affected by participation in climbing activities at Stronghold
2) I agree that the named child must not be left unattended at Stronghold until they are signed in under the supervision of an instructor, and that I will let Stronghold know in advance if someone other than the childs parents will be collecting them.
3) I understand that in the interests of safety, the named child must follow the instructions of the staff at all times. Failure to do so may result in them not being allowed to continue with the activity.
4) I, the adult giving consent, and the participating U18 year old have both watched the Stronghold Safety Induction video.
5) I have read and understand the Stronghold Terms and Conditions of use and rules
6) I, the parent or legal guardian of this child, give permission for them to climb on an instructed session at Stronghold?
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
Parent(s) or Court-Appointed Legal Guardian(s) must sign below and agree that they and the minor are subject to all the terms of this document, as set forth above.
Today's Date: December 8, 2023