Release of Liability and Rules - Laurel Creek Campground
In consideration of being permitted to enter and use the property, equipment and/or facilities owned, leased to or operated by Laurel Creek Campground LLC, a limited liability company duly organized and existing under the State of Tennessee, and its/their respective officers, officials, agents, servants, employees, Guest Resort operator, and landowner, other guests, other visitors, owners, members, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners and/or lessees of the Laurel Creek Campground LLC premises, hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as Releasees, for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, the following activities: hunting, fishing, camping, dirt bike, motorcycle, ATV, SxS, or any other motorized vehicle engaged in trail riding, racing, or any similar activity, horseback riding, swimming, or any and all other resort activities, of whatsoever type or nature, whether such activity engages equipment leased from the Releasee(s) or owned by the participant, said participant, for himself/herself and for his/her personal representatives, assigns, spouse, children, heirs, executors, administrators, and next of kin, or any other person or legal entities, as applicable, hereinafter referred to individually and collectively as Releasor(s):
1. Hereby releases, waivers, discharges and covenants to hold harmless and not to sue the Releasee(s) from any and all liability to the Releasor(s), for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property of; or resulting in the death of, the Releasor(s), whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while the Releasor(s) is/are in or upon the Laurel Creek Campground LLC, and/or riding, competing, officiating in, observing, working for, or for any other purpose participating in any of the above-referenced activities in any form or fashion, whether supervised or unsupervised, and whether directly or in a peripheral activity, and/or for the Participant's mere presence on the properties of Laurel Creek Campground LLC properties generally located at 150 Laurel Creek Campground Road, Jamestown TN 38556 in Fentress County, Tennessee consisting of approximately 84 acres, more or less.
2. Hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and save hold harmless the Releasees, and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the mere presence of the Releasor(s) upon or around Laurel Creek Campground LLC ; and
3. Hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releasee(s) from any claims on account of the rendering of any first aid, and/or any medical treatment or services. Releasor(s) herein authorizes the release of any and all medical records, incident reports or other related documents of whatsoever type or nature, to the Releasee(s) and/or any other persons in the event of property damage, injury or death, or otherwise, without limitations.
4. Releasor(s) assume full responsibility for any and all risk of bodily injury, death and/or property damages due to the negligence of Releasee(s) or any other persons and/or for any other cause whatsoever, while on the Laurel Creek Campground LLC. Releasor(s) acknowledges that such previously described activities are inherently dangerous and that participation in such activities involves an assumption of risk that could result in damage to property, serious disability, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, injury or death. Releasor(s) hereby knowingly and voluntarily assume all such risks, and will hold Releasee(s) entirely harmless thereof, without any limitations.
5. Releasor(s) voluntarily agrees to release, discharge and waive any and all claims or actions that he/she may have presently or in the future have for any and all negligent acts or other conduct by the Releasee(s). Releasor(s) further expressly agrees that this Release of Liability and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Tennessee and that if any portion of this Release of Liability and Waiver is held invalid, it is agreed that the remainder shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. The sole and exclusive venue of any court action dispute that may arise out of this agreement, or otherwise between the parties to which the Releasee(s) are a party shall be in the courts in Fentress County, Tennessee, and such actions shall not be filed in any other courts or in any other venue.
6. Releasor(s) states that this Release and Waiver of Liability has been read in its entirety and that he/she knows and fully understands the contents of same and signs this Release and Waiver of Liability as his/her own free and willful act. This Release and Waiver of Liability constitutes the entire agreement between Releasee(s) and Releasor(s) and the terms of such are contractual and not mere recitals, Releasor(s) understands that Releasor(s) is not covered by any insurance policy held by Releasee(s) for any damages to property, injury or death.
7. The use of masculine and feminine and neuter pronouns herein and the use of the singular and plural shall be interpreted as appropriate to the circumstances and content set forth above, as applicable.
8. Under Tennessee Law, an adventure tourism professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in adventure tourism activities resulting from the inherent risks of such activities, pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 11.
By signing I agree to each of the following:
I understand the NO SMOKING inside cabin policy and if violated will result in a $200 charge to my credit card. Removal of smoke detectors will also result in a charge of $200.
I understand unreported pets inside cabins or evidence of pet damage, excessive hair or fleas will result in a $200 charge to my credit card.
I understand that children are not allowed to CRUISE the campground in a motorized vehicle. Also, children less than 6 years of age are NOT ALLOWED on the top bunk of bunk beds. All children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
I understand that all trash and debris must be disposed into the nearest dumpster. Do not leave garbage in your fire rings or bagged trash at your site. Please do not leave the property with a fire still burning or with hot embers in the fireplace. Doing so is an extreme fire hazard. DO NOT EXTINGUISH CAMPFIRES WITH OUR FIRE EXTINGUISHERS.
I understand that HOUSEKEEPING or MAINTENANCE issues will not be addressed at check out. I can call the camp hotline at 931-879-7696 for immediate assistance. I also understand that issues arise and that no refunds or discounts will be given for problems beyond our control such as utilities, satellite signals, cable service, septic tanks, appliances, HVAC, and due to acts of God.
I understand that guests will be held responsible for all accidental or reckless damages to cabins and/or property whether or not it was intentional. Any damage must be reported to the camp hotline at 931-879-7696 prior to departure. The person listed on the reservation will be considered the responsible party and any/all charges concerning the damage will be charged to the credit card on file.
I understand that because this campground and its buildings are in remote mountains it is not uncommon to encounter bears, bees, wasps, lady bugs, ants, spiders, and the occasional mouse. Each property is treated on a regular basis by our maintenance team but the bears are just pesky neighbors. Please understand that you may occasionally have "uninvited guests". Do not leave coolers outside or food on picnic tables. Refunds will not be given for visits from these "uninvited guests".