SWEETLINES WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY – READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in coaching from Kat Sweet, Sweetlines its related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the Company immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Kat Sweet, Sweetlines, and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence or participation, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. I give permission to Sweetlines, to use my image without payment in any future Sweetlines materials should it appear in photos or videos taken during a class or event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT AND INDUCEMENT.
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SUPPLEMENTAL ASSUMPTION OF RISKS & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I voluntarily and knowingly agree to participate in this program provided by Sweetlines. In addition to the other risks involved, I am aware of the inherent risks and dangers to me by partaking in this program during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These risks include illness caused by exposure to infection or disease, including COVID-19, from (1) Sweetlines employees, Sweetlines volunteers, Sweetlines students, and other third parties, and (2) the equipment, bikes, clothing, and other items used by or belonging to Sweetlines, Sweetlines students, other third parties, and me during this program.
I acknowledge that the above list is only a fraction of possibilities of what may occur during this program, and that a full list would be impossible to ascertain. I have reviewed the above and considered the risks and concluded that I wish to participate in this program. In spite of the inherent risks, I agree to be responsible for my own welfare and accept any and all risks.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
All reasonable effort has been made by Sweetlines to fully disclose the nature of this program to me. I have had the opportunity to ask any questions regarding this program. In consideration of the services furnished to me, my legal representatives and I release and forever discharge Sweetlines, its owners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, and employees from and against all liability which may arise from my participation in this program, including any claim for property loss, damage, injury, or death that I may suffer, or any claims of negligence or omission. This agreement is intended to be interpreted as broadly as permissible under Washington law and if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that all other parts will continue in full legal force and effect. This agreement will be interpreted, construed and governed by and under Washington State law, and any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this agreement will be settled by binding arbitration in King County, Washington. Exclusive venue and jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter to this agreement will be in the King County District Court of Washington in King County for commencing the arbitration proceedings and enforcing the arbitration award.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have carefully, voluntarily, and completely read this agreement and fully understand its contents and legal ramifications, and understand that it is a legally binding and enforceable contract. I agree and acknowledge that I was given every opportunity to ask questions regarding its contents and all questions have been answered to my satisfaction.