In consideration of being permitted to participate at Eastside Martial Arts (including functions, which include: traveling to and from events, clinics, camps, birthday parties, special practice sessions, tournaments and related events and activities, I hereby,
1. Acknowledge that I am familiar with the martial arts and understand the rules governing special activities and the importance of following the rules at Eastside Martial Arts.
2. Agree that prior to practice, I will inspect mats, equipment, facilities, etc. and if I believe anything to be unsafe or beyond my capability, I will immediately notify the person in charge and refuse to participate.
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaged in a contact activity that might result in serious injury including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses due to not only my action, inaction, or negligence, but also to the action, inaction and negligence of others, the rules of the sport/art, or conditions of the premises or any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseen at this time.
4. Knowing the risks involved in the martial arts, assume that risk and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Eastside Martial Arts, its organizers, and its committees, together with affiliate organizations, officials, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors, and lessees or premises used to conduct special events, and regular programs, all of whom are hereby called "releasees," from any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on the account of injury, including permanent disability and death and damage to property, caused or alleged to be cause in whole or in part by negligence of releasees or otherwise.
6. Have checked with my physician and have been given a clean bill of health to participate in Martial Arts activities.
7. Will be personally responsible for any damages to property at Eastside Martial Arts, due to use, misuse or negligence.
8. Agree to never abuse my knowledge. If I am terminated in bad standings at Eastside Martial Arts; I agree to return all rank certifications with NO REFUND to myself.
9. Promise never to instruct anyone in martial arts without the permission of the head instructor.
10. Grant permission to have my minor child, in the event of an emergency, treated at a legal hospital facility if I cannot be reached.
Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of minor members (under the age of 18) additionally agree that they will instruct their minor participant to the above warnings and stipulations of membership and their ramifications, and they consent to the minor's participation.
I, having read this warning, waiver and release, understand that I give up substantial rights by signing it and knowing this, sign it freely and voluntarily. I agree to participate knowing the risks and conditions involved and do so of my own free will.
May 26, 2022