Owner meaning you, the client SHVL meaning us, Sunshine Houseboat Vacations Ltd.
- Annual usage is Jan 1 – December 31.
- Annual usage fees are due in full January 31 of each year.
- Owner is responsible for the safe location of their unit and personal property.
- Owners are held responsible for the security of their unit and personal property.
- Owners are responsible for the maintenance and safety of their unit and personal property.
- Owners must keep their unit and personal property locked when absent, and nothing should be left in such a way to invite theft or vandalism or wildlife.
- Owners may carry out routine maintenance work, but no litter is to be left on the premises. The storage of flammable liquids, oily rags, etc. is prohibited.
- Major restoration or maintenance projects are not to be undertaken on the site without permission and subject to building code regulations.
- Owners must always keep their site clean. Each site is responsible for removing forest floor fodder/leaves/needles within their site boundaries and to maintain and mow any grass if planted.
- Fire pits must be no larger than 0.5 m by 0.5 m in diameter and within the specified site boundaries at a safe distance from any structures or materials. Wood piles must be neat and tidy. No garbage is to be thrown in the fire pits at any time.
- Owners are not permitted to charge a fee nor solicit donations for any purposes without the consent of the SHVL manager.
- Any unit stored without authorization will be towed away at the Owner’s Expense.
- Boat, trailer or otherwise will not be allowed for storage on the campsite. Except for in the Winter, in which case one boat/trailer can be stored on your site as long as it is not obstructing any roads or areas outside of your site.
- Additional camping units on site are not permitted. SHVL will have limited space for guests for a nightly fee, reservations are required in advance.
- One tent per site is permitted, when in use. When the tent is not in use please take down and store it.
- Owner units must be movable in the case of an emergency ie: no locks on hitches. This will allow SHVL to protect property if necessary.
- SHVL provides septic and gray water removal starting the first week of July to September long weekend at $130 for bi-monthly or $220 for weekly per season. Alternatively, individual pump outs will be $55 per occurrence and are available June through September. Please let us know what plan you would like to sign up for – or you can opt out. Pump outs take place on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.
- Any additions or alterations to any site must be approved in writing by SHVL management prior to start up.
- Any construction, new buildings and extra fridges must be approved in writing by SHVL in advance.
- Each site is permitted to have 1 exterior fridge or freezer on their site (this includes mini fridges). Exterior fridges must be locked.
- Any parties under the age of 19 will not be allowed to use the unit without at least one (1) adult supervisor.
- Pets may be allowed under special circumstances with the approval of SHVL. The main criteria being that no disturbance will be allowed to the operation of SHVL or clients. All pets must be on leash at all times.
- Clients and guests must conduct themselves in a manner conducive to the safety of the site and the quiet enjoyment of others.
- Note that there is a speed limit of 10 km/hr on SHVL property.
- The use of all-terrain vehicles on the site is prohibited by government authority. SHVL can use them for the express purpose of operational necessity.
- Each site permits the use of golf carts and not motorized bikes. All of the above must be stored on the owner's site (max 2 golf carts).
- Private Golf Carts cannot access the ramp/docks. SHVL will allow parking at the bottom of the hill, before the ramp access to docks. This parking is available for quick trips, no longer than 15 minutes. If you need to park for a longer period of time please drive your cart up top. Preference will be given to Sunshine Golf Carts, if space is limited private golf cart owners will be asked to move their carts up top.
- Each upland site has two parking spots only. Any other vehicles need permission to park outside of those spots and may be designated another space depending on availability and demand.
- These sites are for the quiet enjoyment of the lessee and their immediate family only.
- As a general rule 11 pm will be quiet time. Always keep in mind the quiet enjoyment of others.
- SHVL may terminate a usage agreement at any time, without cause, upon not less than fourteen (14) days.
- All Sunshine moving machinery must be operated by Sunshine staff for client needs. Sunshine will charge a rate of $1 per minute for the operator and machine. This should address your needs in a more efficient manner.
- SHVL charges an 8% commission rate on any advertised craft or RV being sold on SHVL property. In addition to this anyone who buys in pays a $10,000 access fee plus annual fees.
- SHVL toilet facilities are for public use by uplands clients, shop toilets and showers are for staff only.
- SHVL shower facilities by upland site are for Upland campers. Upland Shower room cleanliness is the responsibility of the Upland clients.
- Upland Laundry Facilities are available from 9am to 3pm daily. We ask that you keep this area clean and do not leave any laundry behind.
- SHVL has full authority to approve or deny a new site owner.
- SHVL will supply refuse containers, however, it is the clients’ responsibility to dispose of all refuse. If you have waste before May 30th, you must take it to the refuse station yourself. Any large packaging and or construction material must always be disposed of yourself. Our bins are only for daily refuse.
- SHVL property is a cannabis free environment. A person must not consume cannabis while: in or on any public spaces, around any minors or in a vehicle or boat. This applies whether the vehicle/boat is in motion or not, and applies to all passengers whether driving or not.
- Any visits prior to April 1st must be approved by Sunshine Staff, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Entry to the Mechanic Shop must only happen through the reception area where Sandy is seated, we can assist you with any needs from there. Only Employees are permitted entry into the shop bay areas.
- Site size for each campsite must be a minimum 140m2 (1507 sq ft) as per RDEK Campground Permit Bylaw. The maximum size is specific to site, location and determined by SHVL individually.
- Decks are permitted upon the approval of SHVL management and must not expand outside of the specified site lines as per each site. Decks that have a height of 24" inches or higher must have a guard rail in place. Failure to head this may result in required removal as per RDEK building codes.
- Each site is permitted to have one shed-like structure on their site which must not be in the site's designated parking area. The shed must also exist within the sites specified boundaries and clients must get approval before construction. Sheds must be portable at any time and may be required to be moved/removed at any time. Sheds cannot be larger than 10m2 and no higher than 5m.
- Each site is permitted the use of one air conditioning unit total including trailer units. Sheds and other enclosed deck areas are not allowed to have air conditioning. Exception applies if the units are run via solar power or other power sources not connected to SHVL. Air conditioners must not be run for more than 6 hours unoccupied.
Please see the PAD Agreement Form https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/61e9b80e804dd/web/
We are instituting automatic withdrawals just for Upland and Moorage fees (if applies). For those not familiar, it acts like an automatic withdrawal from your bank account on a set date just like a bill. Read the agreement for more details. This is more efficient for us, you and also removes out the credit card fees.
Payment is due in full by January 31, 2023. If your payment comes after this date there will be an additional 5% monthly charge from the due date.
Any Credit Card payments will have an additional 3% processing fee.
I acknowledge and agree that SHVL is merely renting space to the customer under this agreement and is not responsible for the adequate storage or safekeeping of any of the personal property or chattels stores on the premises. The customer shall maintain on all personal property and chattels in, on or about the promises, a policy of insurance covering damage by fire, extended coverage perils, water, snow, vandalism, and burglary. The customer hereby releases SHVL from any and all such claims for damage or loss to personal property and chattels in, on or about the premises and hereby waives all rights or recovery against SHVL in connection with any damage which is or would be covered by such insurance. To the extent that the customer does not maintain the required insurance coverage for the full value of such personal property the customer shall be deemed to have been self-insured.
My signature indicates that I have read this document in its entirety, and both understand and agree to abide by the regulations and terms laid out.
February 28, 2024