Participant Agreement, Release And Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the services of Keely’s Ski Camp for Girls, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, independent contractors, and all other persons or entities acting capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Keely’s Camp”, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Keely’s Camp, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in backcountry skiing, outdoor activities, hiking, whitewater kayaking, mountain biking, and trekking in foreign terrain, states, and countries entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: being lost or separated from their guides, coaches, or companions; traveling in forested areas, rugged terrain; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, cerebral and pulmonary edema; avalanches; slipping and falling; falling objects; water hazards; exhaustion; and exposure potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; travel in remote areas with poor or no access to emergency and/or medical services; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; consumption of food or drink; equipment failure; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Foreign countries have their own laws and standards of acceptable conduct; food and water related illnesses; foreign political, legal, social, transportation, health, and economic conditions; different standards of design, safety, and maintenance of buildings, hazards; standards of living and health standards that are not equivalent to life in the United States.
Furthermore, Keely’s Camp employees and independent contractors have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. The might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Keely’s Camp from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my uses of Keely’s Camp equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Keely’s Camp.
4. Should Keely’s Camp or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against Keely’s Camp, I agree to do so solely in the state of Wyoming, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Keely’s Camp on the basis of any claim from which I have release them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.