Rental Policies, Agreement & Waiver (All Locations)
- All rentals will include boat, life vest, and paddle.
- All participants must check-in 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Participants must be at least 3 years old to go on the river with an adult and 8 years old to paddle a kayak on their own with adult supervison on the river. Staff reserves the right to decide if a child is ready for a kayak. All minors ages 3-16 must be accompanied by an adult during the trip.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. Shoes are recommended to be worn at all times. You will get wet.
- Life jackets MUST be worn at all times.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited.
- Do not trespass on private land. MAJORITY of land along the Cuyahoga River and Mahoning River is privately owned. Please stay in your kayak on the river.
- Trash is to be placed in trash cans and will not be thrown in the river. LEAVE NO TRACE PLEASE.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and swimming is done at my own risk.
- Please lock all valuables in vehicles. Paddle The River, LLC is not responsible for any lost or stolen possessions.
- We suggests that at least one person per group have a cell phone with them while on the river.
- We reserves the right to cancel any and all trips due to severe inclement weather or river conditions.
- If a storm appears while on the river, drag boats at least 10 feet onto the river bank and take shelter along the bank. The best practice is to take shelter among a cluster of trees that are around the same height. Waiting out heavy rain/thunder/ lightning along the river bank is your best course of action. Paddling in rain without thunder/lightning is safe. Call the location you are on the river for guidance. Call 911 if there is an emergency while on the river. Burning River Adventures- 330-969-2628, Mahoning River Adventures- 330-967-0003 or Cuyahoga Valley Adventures-330-298-5009
I Agree I AGREE TO FOLLOW ALL PADDLE THE RIVER, LLC (DBA BRUNING RIVER ADVNETURES, MAHONING RIVER ADVENTURES & CUYAHOGA VALLEY ADVENTURES) POLICIES, TO LISTEN TO THE SAFETY PRESENTATION & ASK QUESTIONS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.
Customers will be held liable for damages or loss of any rental equipment. An additional fee will be charged for damaged or lost rental equipment.
- REPLACEMENT CHARGES ARE $800 PER CANOE | $15 PER CANOE OAR | $650 PER TANDEM KAYAK | $450 PER KAYAK | $30 PER KAYAK PADDLE | $30 PER LIFEVEST
- Minimum fee for abandoned equipment that is required to be recovered by our staff (any location) is $50 and minimum fee for abandoned/non-returned equipment is replacement cost plus time for attempted recovery.
I Agree I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR EQUIPMENT IF LOST, ABANDONDED OR DAMAGED.
I Agree That I read the average paddling times and will pay the late fee if we do not return within the alloted for selected trip.
RELEASE & WAIVER
As additional consideration for my participation in canoeing/kayaking water activities with Paddle The River, LLC, (DBA Burning River Adventures (BRA), Mahoning River Adventures (MRA) & Cuyahoga Valley Adventures (CVA)) the undersigned represents, covenants and agrees, on behalf of themselves, their heirs and assigns and any other person claiming by, under or through them as follows:
1. I acknowledge that participating in canoeing/kayaking/water activities (“Activities”) involves risks, some of which I may not fully appreciate, and that injuries, death, property damage or other harm could occur to me or others. I acknowledge and voluntarily accept all risks of such injury, death or property damage that may occur while participating in the Activities and all associated activities regardless of whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other fault of Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), its agents, employees, managers, members or other guests.
2. I waive all claims and forever release and discharge Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), it agents, employees, managers and members for any injuries, damages, losses or claims, known and unknown, which arise from my participation in Activities associated with Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA) whether caused by Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), its agents, employees, managers, members or other guests.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), its agents, employees, managers and members from and against all losses, claims, liabilities, damages, cost or expenses, including but not limited to attorney fees and other dispute costs and expenses, incurred by Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), its agents, employees, managers, members or insurers as a result of my participation in the Activities whether or not caused by me or to me. In addition, I agree to add Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), its agents, employees, managers, members as an additional insured on my liability insurance policies.
4.I acknowledge there is an inherent risk of expouser to COVID-19 that exists in public settings where people are present. I agree to participating in the Activities and all associated activities at my own risk. Customers are welcome to wear a mask if they choose to do so, but this is not required while on the shuttle. Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA) will continue its normal ongoing procedures for equipment cleaning and maintence.
5. I have reviewed the rental agreement above/ that is posted. I understand and agree to follow all policies.
6. I agree that any photographs or video made of me during my trip or transportation by Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA) are sole properties of Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA), and can be used for marketing promotions, as I waive all rights to privacy/ publicity for photographs and/or video.
7. I have carefully reviewed this PARTICIPANT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, understand its provisions and execute it voluntarily.
I Agree that this waiver can be used for all locations owned/operated by Paddle The River, LLC (BRA/MRA/CVA) for the whole 2022 paddling season.