Step 1: Renew your SCORA ID (You need your SCORA ID # to fill out this membership agreement) and complete the Smart Waiver online: www.scoraregistration.com
Step 2: Complete this SBOCC Membership Agreement
Step 3: Make your dues payment to one of the club Treasurers (see Dues below)
Step 4: We will be using Slack as our main source of communication moving forward so please download Slack to your phone or desktop. We will use the email address indicated in this waiver to send you an invite to our Slack workspace.
CLUB RULES AND POLICIES:
All Santa Barbara Outrigger Canoe Club (SBOCC) Members:
1. Must be able to swim and pass the swim test.
2. Shall have the SBOCC Membership Agreement and SCORA Waiver signed and returned prior to any participation in practices, races, or use of SBOCC equipment or facilities.
3. Must have a SCORA ID number obtained through the SCORA website entered on the SCORA Waiver form.
4. Shall pay club dues on time as scheduled.
5. Shall agree to race solely with SBOCC, unless your coach arranges for you to race with another club.
6. Shall comply with all decisions made by the SBOCC Board of Directors and coaching staff.
7. Shall at all times respect all team members and staff.
8. Shall volunteer with at least one of the club's standing committess and assist with pre and post race canoe loading and unloading.
9. Shall NOT assume, use, borrow, possess, loan, or take command of any equipment/assets that SBOCC owns or is responsible for, without the express permission of the SBOCC Head Coach or President.
10.Shall respect all SBOCC equipment and the rights and private property of all SBOCC members at all times.
1. Shall have all the privileges afforded by this Membership Agreement only for as long as the individual remains in good standing with the club financially and by complying with all the SBOCC Rules and Policies.
2. Causes for suspension and/or termination of this Membership Agreement are:
a. Failure to pay SBOCC membership dues.
b. Failure to comply with any of the SBOCC bylaws, rules and policies.
c. Any gross insubordination or disrespect shown towards any members, officers, coaches, officials or equipment of the SBOCC organization or SCORA organization.
d. Failure to show up for a race that you have committed to.
Membership dues for 2023 are $400. Payment by check and in full is recommended (and appreciated) if you're able.
If paying by check, please make checks out to Santa Barbara Outrigger Canoe Club and deposit checks in a clearly marked envelope in the red box inside of the club box.
If paying in full please submit a $400 check by March 15th
If paying in two installments of $200
The first $200 installment is due March 15th
The second $200 installment is due May 1st
If paying via PayPal, dues are $408.50 in full or in 2 installments of $204.25 to account for PayPal merchant fees.
Full payment of $409.00 is due by March 15th
If paying in two installments of $204.50
The first $204.50 installment is due March 15th
The second $204.50 installment is due May 1st
• Membership Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Membership dues do not include required race jerseys or change race fees.
• All SBOCC racing paddlers are required to purchase their own racing uniform/jersey.
• All SBOCC racing paddlers are required to bring and wear their race uniform/jersey at all races.
• All OPEN paddlers are required to provide their own paddle.