2023 Climbing waiver
Harriman/ Bear Mountain State Park – Powerlinez Area
Palisades Interstate Park Commission
Acknowledgement of Risk - Climbing Permit
Valid for 2023 Only
The holder of this permit climbs with full knowledge of the dangers involved and assumes any risk of injury and death caused by the inherent dangers of the sport. It is understood that neither the Palisades Interstate Park Commission nor the Torne Valley Climbers’ Coalition maintains the rocks, cliffs or other natural features of the terrain. They do not provide supervision or instruction, do not approve qualifications or certify instructors in any manner and are not responsible for the climbing protection on the cliffs (for example: bolts, pitons, rappel slings, rings).
• The holder of this permit recognizes the natural hazards of forested, mountainous areas and assumes all risk of personal injury caused by such hazards.
• The holder acknowledges that skill and training are essential in rock climbing.
• Be aware of the existence of other climbers and hikers and do not throw or kick any objects from cliff.
• Use service roads and marked access trails only; carry out all litter; do not disturb plants or wildlife.
• Dogs must be kept on leashes, six feet or less, at all times.
• Use clean climbing techniques only. The use of bolts and pitons are strictly prohibited.
• No fires, camping, motor vehicles, radios, glass containers or alcohol.