Bicycle Rental Liability Release Agreement
I on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives, hereby waive, discharge and release to the fullest extent allowed by law, Bike Truckee, and its owners, members, officers, vendors, suppliers, employees, agents, insurers, and all other persons and entities acting on their behalf (collectively “Bike Truckee”), from any, and all, liability, claim, damage, loss, cost, or expense arising directly or indirectly from my use of bicycle rental. I further understand that accidents, serious bodily injuries, and/or property damage, may occur during bicycle traveling. Knowing these risks involved, I nevertheless agree to assume these risks and to release Bike Truckee from any and all liability for any injury, death, illness, or property damages occurred during the term of this bicycle rental. I also release Bike Truckee from all damages or injuries as a result of weather conditions during the rental term.
As a condition to this bicycle rental, I further attest and agree to the following:
- I am physically fit and have sufficient training to ride a bicycle during the rental term.
- I am competent to perform a bicycle safety check and will personally perform a safety check prior to my ride.
- I am familiar with the operations and functions of the equipment, brakes, gears, quick releases on the rental bicycle.
- I agree to use the bicycle lock provided and will replace a stolen bicycle if I fail to use the lock.
- I agree to return the rented bicycle and equipment in the same order and condition in which they were
- received, and agree to be financially responsible for any loss or damages.
- I also agree to wear a bicycle helmet at all times when riding a bicycle during the rental term and agree to have adequate medical insurance coverage for the duration of the rental term.
- I also attest that I will abide by the rules and regulations of that state and local municipal law applicable, including vehicle laws during the rental term.
- I am aware of the risks of the Covid-19 virus and release Bike Truckee of any responsibility for the contagion of the disease.
In exchange for the Shop allowing me to rent or demo the aforementioned equipment, I contractually agree that any and all disputes between myself and the Shop arising from my use of this equipment OR my participation in the Activity, INCLUDING any claims for personal injury and/or death will be GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF STATE INITIALS and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION thereof will be in the state court residing in the county where the alleged tort occurred or federal court of the State of CA.
I agree that if any portion of this release is found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be fully enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND CERTIFY MY COMPLIANCE AND AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS LIABILITY RELEASE AND AGREEMENT BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW.
If you are under 18 years old, the following must be signed by your parent or guardian.
**Date: February 29, 2024
You must either wear a helmet or select one of the following in the next section:
- “I agree to wear a helmet provided by Bike Truckee”
- “I am wearing my own helmet”
- "I refuse to wear a helmet”
Please note: Anyone under the age of 18 is required by law to wear a helmet.