Below is a summary of the activities and events that will occur while your child participates in our Lake Sawyer Student Ministry. The most up-to-date information for specifics on each activity, event, and the date is provided on our website www.lakesawyerchurch.org/students, social media, and email communication. If you have a question or concern about a specific event or activity, please notify the Student Ministries Pastor immediately. This form only needs to be filled out one time, once a year, for our general youth activities listed below. * Overnight offsite events such as camps/retreats, and mission trips will require a separate release form.
- High School Groups - Sunday Afternoon/Evenings on or off campus
- Middle School Group - During Sunday morning services on campus
- Middle School and High School Gathering - Wednesday evenings from 7p to 8:30p on campus
- Summer activities and events (i.e. Lake Day) occurring at the church or elsewhere will be provided during the summer months each year on our website www.lakesawyerchurch.org/students, and on social media. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to read church communication and be aware of the activities occurring and to inform the church if any of the activities or events are not permissible for your child.
- Occasional local offsite events may occur at the discretion of the Student Ministries Pastor or Youth Leaders such as bible studies or gatherings at their homes, going to movies, sporting events, etc. These will be communicated at the time they are planned. * Overnight offsite events such as camps/retreats, and mission trips will require a separate release form.
Treacy Walsh, Student Ministries Pastor // email@example.com
Minor Participation Authorization and Consent to Emergency Medical Treatment
I hereby give my consent to have my minor child participate in all activities of Lake Sawyer Students in 2023 including onsite and offsite activities including but not limited to: small groups, team building activities, paintball, laser tag, inflatables, water sports (boating, tubing, skiing, etc.); playing sports (basketball, dodge ball, flag football, etc.); attending sports events; vehicle transportation to and from activities. I recognize that there are risks involved in participating in these activities and hereby assume all risk of injury, harm, damage, or death to my minor child in connection with his/her participation in these activities.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, I release Lake Sawyer Christian Church (DBA Lake Sawyer Church), its trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any injury, harm, damage or death which may occur to my minor child while participating in the activity and agree to save and hold harmless Lake Sawyer Church, its trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claims arising out of my minor child’s participation in the activity.
Further, being the parent or legal guardian of the minor child, I do consent to any medical, surgical, x-ray, anesthetic, or dental treatment that may be deemed necessary for my minor child. In the event I cannot be reached in an emergency, I give permission to the activity leader to make the decisions necessary for treatment. Should there be no activity leader available, I give permission to the attending physician to treat my minor child. I understand and agree that my insurance plan is the primary plan to pay for the medical, dental, or hospital care or treatment that is given to my minor child.
I understand that photographs or videos of my child may be taken at these activities and I give Lake Sawyer Church full right and permission to use my child’s name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness (as those terms are defined in RCW 63.60) in any manner and for any purpose deemed appropriate by the church.