Parent or legal guardian must accept on behalf of children under 18 years of age
ADVISORY: You must sign this Agreement in order to access Caledon Ski Club
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
( “Agreement”) – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
TO: Caledon Ski Club Limited (also known as 1644696 Ontario Inc.) and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors, assigns, special event sponsors, and their directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors, and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Releasees”).
AS PART OF THE CONSIDERATION FOR MY (OR MY CHILD’S) USE OF THE RELEASEES’ EQUIPMENT AND/OR PREMISES AT ANY AND ALL TIMES DURING THE 2022 SUMMER SEASON, I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
SECTION 1: DEFINITIONS
“Activity” shall include all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include, but is not limited to, hiking, disc golf, fishing, Cycling (as defined below), participating in Cycling instruction/class/clinic/lesson, guided tour, racing, and special events, use of the ski hills, freestyle terrain park and features, base area or activities, use of chairlifts and other conveyances, buildings, food and beverage and retail locations, use of rental and/or use of equipment obtained from a third party in connection with the Club, use of vehicles, sidewalks, stairways, trails, parking lots, and use of Club property, features, and services in any way connected with or related to the Releasees or use of the Premises (as defined below).
“Club” means Caledon Ski Club Limited (also known as 1644696 Ontario Inc.).
“Cycling” means riding a bicycle or mountain bike on trails, special terrain, terrain park, roadways, municipal trails, downhill trails, double track trails, single track trails, or other property owned or operated by the Releasees, and any other terrain, including mountain biking riding, road riding or racing on a set course or otherwise.
“Premises” means hills, trails, land, paths, roadways, bike parks and terrain parks that include natural and man-made features or terrain, jumps, chairlifts, buildings, and property owned by or in connection with the Releasees.
“Releasors” means all participants signing this Agreement, as well as all participants on behalf of whom any signatory below is signing this Agreement, including without limitation to Minor Participants (under age 18). Releasors includes without limitation “you”, “I”, and “me” as used in this Agreement.
“Special Events” means any activity which is organized, conducted or sponsored by the Releasees or other competitions, entertainment, demonstrations and other such events or activities that take place at the Club or Premises.
“Special Event Sponsor” shall include any individual, corporation association, institution, or organization that is associated with a Special Event as an organizer, promoter or advertiser.
SECTION 2: ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
I AM AWARE THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY INVOLVES MANY ASSOCIATED RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS, including but not limited to rapidly changing weather conditions; marked and unmarked obstacles; boarding, riding and disembarking chair lifts; variable and difficult terrain conditions; failure of or hidden defects in equipment; negligent first-aid; negligence of other Activity participants, Releasees, or Releasors, including failure to follow applicable rules, policies, and procedures, and risks resulting from theNEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY OF CARE BY THE RELEASEES, and the failure by the Releasees to safeguard or protect me from the Activity’s risks, dangers and hazards. I alsounderstand that the other risks of participating in the Activity can include exposure to the elements; exposure to natural and/or people-made objects; exposure to pollution; exposure to infectious disease, bacteria, or virus, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COVID-19, that results in physical distress, illness or death; collision or impact with other Activity participants or cyclists, spectators, competitors, course officials, fences, equipment, motorized vehicles, structures and objects; impact from objects or equipment; crossing public roadways; terrain park and man-made jumps; ramps, embankments and other terrain variations; variable and difficult conditions in the terrain both inside and out, including holes, depressions, loose gravel, sand, rocks, mud, uneven paving stones, creeks, puddles; variations in the terrain which may create blind spots or areas of reduced visibility; fatigue; intoxication; cold, sun or heat exposure; encounters with wildlife, poison ivy, or insects/rodents; becoming lost/separated from the instructors; slipping, tripping, and falling; loss of balance or control; and failure to act safely or within one’s own ability or within designated areas. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING FROM THEREFROM.
THE RELEASOR(S) HEREBY UNDERSTAND, AFFIRM AND AGREE THAT: (i) Falls and collisions occur, and injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the Activity; (ii) I have the physical fitness to engage in the Activity and (iii) I SHALL OBEY ALL SIGNS, MARKINGS, AND WARNINGS POSTED AT THE CLUB, AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS; I am also aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the Club and Premises, and that many hazards are unmarked. I agree to read all posted signs, markings, and warnings or, if unable to, seek assistance to ensure I understand all posted signs, markings, and warnings posted around the premises.
SECTION 3: ASSUMPTION OF RISK – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
I RECOGNIZE AND ACCEPT THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACTIVITY, AND I VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO TAKE PART IN THE ACTIVITY AND/OR VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO ALLOW THE RELEASOR(S) TO TAKE PART IN THE ACTIVITY.
I ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISK, INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE TO ME WHILE ACCESSING THE CLUB AND WHILE ENGAGED IN OR AS A RESULT OF MY VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY
SECTION 4: RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
THESE CONDITIONS WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE RELEASEES PERMITTING MY ACCESS TO THE CLUB AND PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, and with knowledge of the risks and dangers involved, I AGREE:
1. I AM GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE, that arise or result from in whole or in part, participating in the Activity and, without limitation, claims arising out of or resulting from THE NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED BY THE RELEASEES UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT;
2. WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I HAVE OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE against the Releasees;
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE RELEASEES PERMITTING MY ACCESS TO THE CLUB AND PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, and with full knowledge and understanding of the risks and dangers involved, I AGREE:
1. TO GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE, that arise or result from, in whole or in part, attending the premises of the Club and/or participating in the Activity thereon;
2. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense, or injury, including death, that I may that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my use of or my presence on the premises DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM OR WARN ME OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE ACTIVITY INCLUDING THOSE SPECIFICALLY REFERRED TO ABOVE;
3. TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any and all liability, including claims for contribution and indemnity, for any damage to property of or personal injury to myself, my family and/or next of kin, or any third party, resulting from the use of, or presence on, the premises of the Club including any activities undertaken thereon.
4. AGREEMENT BINDING - This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity;
5. JURISDICTION AND CHOICE OF LAW - This Agreement and any rights, duties, and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario;
6. NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS - In entering this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the Releasees other than what is in this Agreement;
7. SEVERABILITY - If any provision of this Agreement is determined bya court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such determination shall not impair or affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof, and each provision is hereby declared to be separate, severable and distinct; and
8. PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE - I consent to photographs and/or video taken of me while accessing the Club and to publication of the photographs and/or video by the Club and/or Releasees for advertising, promotional and marketing purposes. I release the Releasees from any liability by virtue of any alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise which may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or video and the publication thereof. I also waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Today's date: September 28, 2022