1. Everyone must follow all federal, state, and local firearm laws.
2. The four basic rules of firearm safety must be obeyed at all times:
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction (downrange).
- Be certain of your target and what is beyond it.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
3. All individuals using the range must sign a waiver.
4. Genesis Impact Sports reserves the right to refuse the use of the range or service to any person for any reason.
5. Keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
6. Eye and ear protection are mandatory before entering the range.
7. No automatic or simulated automatic gunfire is allowed.
8. If you drop something, never reach or step across the firing line nor shooting booths.
9. Dry firing is only allowed on the firing line.
10. You can only draw from a holster IF you have taken and passed the "Drawing from a Holster" Certification Class. DO NOT pass loaded firearms from one booth to another.
11. If a jam or other malfunction occurs and you cannot clear the problem, leave the firearm on the shooting bench and ask a range safety officer or employee for help.
12. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
13. Report any negligent discharges or damage to range equipment immediately to Range Safety Officer or Genesis staff.
14. If a ceasefire is called, unload your firearm with the cylinder open or slide locked back, and step back from the shooting line.
15. Use only authorized firearms on the range.
16. DO NOT crossfire at targets on other lanes.
17. Use only approved targets (ask staff if unsure). Targets are available for purchase, too.
18. All firearms must be cased and unloaded when entering the store or range (excluding concealed firearms and law enforcement).
19. NO one under the age of 18 is allowed on the ranges without a parent or legal guardian's direct supervision.
20. NO reloads/hand loads are allowed. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm.
21. If shooting a shotgun, only slugs are allowed.
22. NO tracer, incendiary, explosive, armor piercing, steel core, nor shot shells are allowed.
23. NO black powder nor muzzleloaders are allowed on the range.
24. Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited on the range.
25. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
26. For safety, pregnant women are NOT allowed on the range (lead contamination and concussive force can be harmful to a fetus).
27. Anyone displaying unsafe actions will be warned to correct their behavior and/or be asked to leave. Genesis Impact Sports reserves the exclusive right to terminate your range time and/or membership at any time without a refund.
28. For your safety, we DO NOT suggest open-toed shoes or open tops; however, we leave it to your discretion. NOTE: When brass ejects from a firearm it is very hot!
29. Be courteous and aware of any shooters on the range.
30. Range safety officers and Genesis employees have the authority to remove anyone from the range that is not adhering to any of these rules at any time. I have read, understood, and will adhere to the Range Rules listed above. I have never been convicted of a felony, or domestic violence, nor under any legal restriction preventing me from handling firearms. IF I SIGN UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP I am agreeing to a 12-month membership billed monthly starting the day the first month's payment is made. Monthly payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you choose to cancel a membership before the 12 month period, you are subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
VOLUNTARY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
The individual named below (“I” or “Me”) desires to access the facilities operated by 2A Enthusiast Industries, LLC a/k/a Genesis Impact Sports (the “Provider”) located at 327 Randolph Dr., Suite D, Little Chute, Wisconsin, 54140 (the “Premises”) to use or observe the shooting range, facilities, and equipment (including use or observation of my own or a rented firearm) at the Premises (the “Activity”). In consideration of being permitted by the Provider to access the Premises and participate in the Activity, and in recognition of the Provider’s reliance hereon, I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this instrument (this “Release”).
I AM AWARE, ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE ACTIVITY IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, TRAUMA, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER OR NOT READILY FORESEEABLE. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INJURIES THAT I SUSTAIN MAY RESULT FROM OR BE COMPOUNDED BY THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF MYSELF, OTHERS PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, OR THE PROVIDER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT EMERGENCY RESPONSE OR RESCUE OPERATIONS OF THE PROVIDER. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISK, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, DISABILITY, TRAUMA, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, CAUSED BY THE DIRECT OR INDIRECT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHERS PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, PROVIDER OR ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASEES.
I covenant, warrant and agree that I am in good physical and mental health and I will examine the conditions of the Activity and that if I observe or witness any significant danger, hazard or other unsafe condition, I will remove myself from participation and bring such danger, hazard or other unsafe condition to the attention of the Provider or nearest Releasee involved in the Activity.
I covenant, warrant and agree that I am mentally and physically capable and qualified to safely use firearms, ammunition, and related equipment. I further covenant, warrant and agree that I am not prohibited under any federal or state law or regulation from possessing a firearm and I have never committed a felony or a Class A or B misdemeanor.
I covenant, warrant and agree that I am familiar with, and at all times, will comply with Provider’s Safety Standards and Range Rules, which are attached hereto and incorporated by reference. I further covenant, warrant and agree that I will promptly comply with all instructions received from Provider’s staff when on the Premises and engaged in the Activity. I acknowledge that Provider reserves the right to expel or exclude me from the Premises and Activity for violating such standards, rules, and instructions.
I covenant, warrant and agree that I am aware that lead in ammunition is a hazardous substance which can cause serious illness, injury or death if it is inhaled, ingested or absorbed by my body and I agree to carefully wash my hands after handling ammunition, discharging a weapon, or before drinking or consuming any food or beverage.
I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against the Provider, and its officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, affiliates, shareholders, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, disability, death, trauma, emotional distress, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Activity, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of the Provider or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant and agree not to make or bring any such claim against the Provider or any other Releasee, and their successors or assigns, from and against any and all liability. Claims, damages, demands or losses caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or part by any acts or omissions of any of the Releases and forever release and discharge the Provider and all other Releasees from liability under such claims. This waiver and release do not extend to claims for intentional or willful misconduct, or any other liabilities that Wisconsin law does not permit to be released by agreement.
I shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Provider and all other Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorney fees, fees, the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Release, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, incurred by/awarded against the Provider or any other Releasees arising out or resulting from any claim of a third party related to my participation in the Activity, including any claim related to my own negligence. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I expressly agree to request that my insurance provider cover the costs of any injury, disability, death, trauma, emotional distress, and/or property damage arising from my participation in the activity.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment deemed necessary if I am injured or require medical attention during my participation in the Activity. I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment and any related medical transportation and/or evacuation. I hereby release, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Provider from any claim based on such treatment or other medical services.
This Release constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Provider and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Release is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Release or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Provider and me and their respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Outagamie County, Wisconsin and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
BY EXECUTING THIS WAIVER, I REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT FREELY, VOLUNTARILY, WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND WITH FULL OPPORTUNITY TO NEGOTIATE THE TERMS HEREOF. I ACKNOWLEDGE THIS AGREEMENT IS A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF PROVIDER (OTHER THAN INTENTIONAL ACTS) TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE, I APPRECIATE ITS LEGAL SIGNIFICANCE, AND I SIGN THIS RELEASE VOLUNTARILY.