Assumption of Risk, Release and Waiver of Claims
THIS FORM MUST BE READ AND SIGNED BEFORE ANY SHOOTER WILL BE ALLOWED USE OF THE RANGES AND FACILITIES OF THE LAKEWOOD SHOOTING RANGE. THIS IS A CONTRACT IN WHICH YOU ARE WAIVING SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
1. I understand and acknowledge that the activities upon which I am about to engage in as a participant at the Lakewood Shooting Range (LSR) bears certain known risks and unanticipated or unknown risks, which could result in physical and or psychological injury to me or other participants, or my death or the death of another participant. I certify that I am cognizant of all of the inherent dangerous risks of target shooting, shooting with others present, and of the safety rules for firearms use.
2.I understand and acknowledge that it is not the responsibility of LSR or its employees to teach safety rules, nor is it their function to serve as the guardians of my safety. I also understand that in using my own firearms and/or ammunition that I am responsible for its safety and good operating condition and use.
3. I agree to assume and hereby do assume all responsibility and risk of any injury and/or death to myself or third persons, which may arise out of my participation in the LSR activities.
4. In consideration for being permitted entry to and use of the LSR premises and facilities, I HEREBY AGREE AND RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS LSR AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR ACTIONS, WHICH ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR ARISE OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN LSR ACTIVITIES. THIS RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OF LIABILITY SPECIFICALLY INCLUDES A LIABILITY BASED ON ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF LSR AND ITS EMPLOYEES. FURTHER, I AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE LSR FROM LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF LSR CUSTOMERS PARTICIPATING IN ITS ACTIVITIES WHICH CAUSE ME INJURY OR LOSS. I FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY LSR AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ALL ATTORNEYS FEES AND LEGAL COSTS, WHICH ARE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY LEGAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN LSR ACTIVITIES.
5. By signing this, I UNDERSTAND IF I OR ANYONE ELSE IS INJURED AND/OR KILLED, AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN LSR ACTIVITIES, I WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO RECOVER ANY DAMAGES IN A LAWSUIT OR OTHER LEGAL PROCEEDING AGAINST LSR OR ITS EMPLOYEES. I RELEASE LSR AND ITS EMPLOYEES FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR, WHETHER FROM FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN RISKS AND WILL HOLD LSR AND ITS EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS BY ME, MY FAMILY OR ESTATE ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN LSR ACTIVITIES.
6. I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this release. I understand the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital. I have signed this document as my own free act.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OFTHIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS DOCUMENT AND HAVE READ IT BEFORE I SIGNED IT.
Firearm Rental Agreement
• LSR reserves the right to deny or revoke gun rental.
• Renter/Customer accepts full responsibility and liability for the use of rented firearm, and has signed the assumption of risk, release and waiver of claims.
• All rented firearms to use only new ammunition purchased at LSR.
• No modifications, alterations, or disassembly on rental firearms is permitted.
• All use of rental firearms to follow standard LSR range rules, as per LSR range rules, safety rules and regulations.
• Renter must be 18 years or older for long guns, 21 years or older for handgun rentals.
I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that a person who answers “YES” to any of the above questions is PROHIBITED from possessing or renting a firearm. I understand that making a FALSE oral or written statement or the exhibiting of any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction is unlawful and that I will be held liable. I further certify that I am experienced and skilled in proper: handling, loading, use, and discharge of all firearms and ammunition that I intend to use at this range. I agree to absolutely and unequivocally release from any liability and hold harmless LSR and any and all of its employees, instructors, agents, representatives, officers, and members with respect to my use of the facilities of LSR.
Safety Rules and Regulations
Everything for the Shooter
1. No one is allowed on the range within 24 hours of consuming alcohol or controlled substances, including non prescribed controlled substances.
2. No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded when entering or leaving the building.
3. No firearms are permitted in the retail area without being in a case or container. All firearms must arrive and leave the shooting range in a case, container, or range bag. No uncased or unsecured firearms may leave the shooting station. Loaded firearms may be at the range firing line only.
4. All firearms and ammunition are subject to LSR approval and must be inspected at the check-in counter or upon request of LSR staff. Any firearms or ammunitions determined to be unsafe or unserviceable by LSR employees will not be allowed on the range. No ammunition of 5.56, .223, or 7.62x39 not obtained at LSR on the day of shooting will be permitted.
5. Two shooters are allowed per lane; however, no spectators are allowed in the shooting gallery.
6. Eye and ear protections must be worn at ALL times.
7. Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited.
8. No target head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minumum of 6 inches below the target hangers. Shooting of target hangers is prohibited.
9. Wearing a holster or drawing from a holster is not permitted on the premises.
10. The muzzle of all firearms must be pointed downrange at all times. If leaving the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open, the muzzle pointing downrange, and the weapon’s safety on.
11. If a misfire or malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the LSR staffer or its range safety officers. Place the firearm on the bench pointed downrange and obtain assistance. Do NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
12. No steel core ammunition is allowed. No steel shot is allowed. Only ammunition purchased at LSR will be allowed for rental firearms.
13. No Shotguns or shot shells allowed on the range.
14. No fast or rapid firing is allowed. Allow at least three seconds between shots. Any hazardous behavior will result in immediate dismissal and removal from the premises.
15. Comply with all instructions from LSR employees and staff.
16. Report any unsafe conduct to LSR employees immediately.
17. Do not remove brass from the range, unless it is your brass that has been pre-marked and pre-approved by LSR employees at check-in.
18. There will be no refunds of any kind to parties expelled or removed from the range for safety violations.
19. Any negligent damage to range equipment or baffles, repairs will be charged to shooter, with a minimum of $100.00.
Shooter Information, Rules, and Regulations
Everything for the Shooter
In deciding to allow use and access to its facilities, Lakewood Shooting Range (LSR) shall strictly rely upon the truth, accuracy and veracity of your responses to the following questions in determining to allow your use of its ranges and facilities.
I certify under threat of penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington, that I have answered the above questions truthfully and without reservation of information. I have read and understand the Safety Rules and Regulations provided and will fully comply with all rules and regulations and agree to abide by them. I understand that by participating in LSR activities, I have accepted and agreed to the waiver and release agreement(s) presented to me during registration and that these documents include a release of liability and waiver of legal rights and deprive me of the right to sue LSR and its employees. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have both read and understood any waiver and release agreement(s) presented to me as part of the registration process and accept the inherent dangers and risks which may or may not be readily foreseeable, including without limitation personal injury, property damage or death that arise from participation in LSR activities.
Today's Date: March 22, 2023