When completing this form electronically you are accepting that you understand the language format in which it is presented.
- Skydiving is a weather dependent sport and it is the one aspect we cannot control.
SELF DECLARATION OF FITNESS TO SKYDIVE
I understand that my instructor is not able to give medical advice. I DECLARE AND CONFIRM:
- I am in robust physical health and am able to exercise without restriction. I understand that being unfit or having fragility of aging will render me more prone to injury. I accept that if my body mass Index (BMI) is higher than 27.5 I stand a higher than average risk of sustaining an injury on landing and that a BMI above 30 is not usually accepted.
- I understand that poor vision will endanger not only myself but also other parachutists around me. My vision is good enough to read a car number plate at 20 metres. If I need glasses or contact lenses to achieve this standard, I will always wear them when parachuting.
- I have no problems with hearing, or if I have such problems I will ensure that my instructors are fully aware of them.
- I do not have joint, back, sciatic or neck problems and have not been prone to these in the past. I have NEVER dislocated a shoulder. I do not have weakness of any limbs. I have not had partial or complete loss of any limbs. I do not have rheumatism, arthritis or arthrosis.
- I do not have any form of heart disease. I have never had a heart attack or chest pain when exercising. I do not have a cardiac pacemaker.
- I do not have any form of lung disease. I have not been diagnosed asthma or any condition related to the lungs. I do not use inhalers.
- I have never had a serious head injury or fractured skull. I do not have epilepsy or fits and have not suffered from recurrent giddiness, dizziness, faints, blackouts or loss of consciousness. I do not have any progressive disease of the brain or nervous system. I have never had a stroke. I do not suffer from disabling headaches.
- I do not have a history of drug or alcohol dependence.
- I do not have a sinus or ear disease. I do not suffer from ear or sinus pain on commercial flights. I understand that colds or sore throats may make me temporarily unfit to parachute because they increase the risk of ear or sinus pain or damage.
- I am not on sick leave and am not currently certified as unfit to work. I am not under medical review for any problems.
- To the best of my knowledge, I am not pregnant.
- I do not have any form of infectious disease such as hepatitis, HIV or tuberculosis, which could pose a risk to first aiders if I was seriously injured and needed resuscitating.
- If my health status changes so that this declaration is no longer valid, I will stop parachuting until I have received qualified medical advice and certification.
- I understand that the purpose of this declaration is to enhance my safety and that of others around me. I know that if I am unable to complete it truthfully, or do not understand any part of the form, I must postpone any jump until I have obtained qualified advice.
- I have had enough time to read (or be read) this form. I have understood it or taken appropriate advice to enable me to understand it.
If you cannot sign the declaration because of any of the above conditions, you must obtain the doctors certification from our reservations office before skydiving. This is not national health service work and your doctor may charge you for this.
1. That participating in any skydive or course or parachuting activity of any type co-organised by Club Deportivo Atmosfera is a decision taken voluntarily and entirely at your own risk. Even with all necessary precautions and safety measures in place skydiving/parachuting are extreme adventure activities and as such I fully accept the inherent risk of injury or death.
2. Accept that Parachuting/skydiving equipment although properly maintained and regularly checked is being used under extreme conditions and as a result, despite all necessary precautions being taken, can suffer malfunctions.
3. That Club Deportivo Atmosfera and/or its staff will not be held responsible for any loss or theft, injury or damage (howsoever caused) to any property, belongings or suffered by you, or any other person in connection with or as a result of parachuting, or any of the activities carried out by, or facilities provided. I understand that in the event of any such loss, injury, damage or death no compensation or damages, reimbursement of any kind will be payable to me, my dependents or my estate and that it is my responsibility to affect any such insurance cover as I may require.
4. To comply with the requirement to declare the necessary documents before taking part in any skydiving activity co-organised by Club Deportivo Atmosfera. This includes demonstrating that I have sufficient insurance to cover any medical costs or similar and the mandatory Third Party Liability cover. EU members are reminded that European Health Insurance Card may not cover all medical costs and does not cover any long term medical repatriation costs. I accept that if there is any doubt over coverage from an insurance policy in any respect, Club Deportivo Atmosfera may not permit me to jump.
5. That I will be bound in all respects by and will comply with all Club Deportivo Atmosfera’s Rules and Safety Regulations, and all the Rules and Regulations of the owners or occupiers of the land, airfield and premises used by Club Deportivo Atmosfera. I further agree to obey all relevant instructions given to me by Club Deportivo Atmosfera and its staff or agents. I understand the dangers of failing to adhere to the methods, regulations or instructions given.
6. I agree to read, abide by and stay current with the centre rules and regulations, I understand that failure to comply may result in exclusion from all and any skydiving activities. The final decision as to the suitability of any one to skydive rests entirely with Club Deportivo Atmosfera, the centre and its instructors and staff.
7. That I will notify Club Deportivo Atmosfera within the first 24 hours of leaving the airfield or a landing area of any incident or injury suffered involving a third party or myself resulting from any skydive made by me.
8. That deposits paid are non-refundable for any reason. The remaining payment for the course or jump must be paid prior to starting the course or briefing. Once I have started the course/jump training or briefing no refunds can be made, either in full or in part, for whatever reason the jump or course cannot be completed. Repeat levels must be paid before prior to the jump.
9. All actual skydives are free of charge. Payments are for the use of the airfield facilities, balloon company, training & equipment hire etc. Except 10 euros that will be taken from my first payment of each year as membership to the club.
10. If I have booked video or photographs of my jump(s), I have read and accepted the terms and conditions displayed in/given by the office.
11. I also expressly authorize the Club to obtain and use images related to the activity of the Center, airfield, landing area or any other place related to its activity, whether printed or in digital format. In any case, the use and dissemination of said images are free of charge.
12. If I have not booked video or photographs of my jump(s), I understand that for safety and debriefing reasons the instructor(s) may take a camera on the skydive.
13. I accept that my jump will be not be permitted and I will forfeit all monies paid if I am found to have consumed alcohol, and I understand that alcohol is not permitted on the active parts of the airfield.
14. HOT Air Balloon . I give my consent for SKYDIVE ATMOSFERA and GREEN AEROESTACION to process my personal data in accordance with the RGPD of the European Union within the framework of the contracted activity (transport of passengers in a hot air balloon).
15. I have been informed of the nature of the activity and that, during the development of the flight, the instructions of the pilot in command must be followed.
16. I declare not to carry with me any of the following objects: fireworks, flares, detonators, fuses, dynamite, ammunition, pyrotechnic material, aerosols, personal defense sprays, camping gas, fire extinguishers, cryogenic liquids, bottles with compressed gas or refrigerant, fuel, solvent adhesives, paint, varnish, torches, lighters, or lighter fillers, substances that emit flammable gases in contact with water, oxidants, organic peroxides, substances that can spontaneously combust such as matches or matches.
March 22, 2023