Youth Code of Conduct
Island Fitness is a private club providing exceptional opportunities for the community we serve. Our primary mission is to provide a safe environment, with high-quality programming and equipment to best address the needs of our community. We strive to maintain an environment of respect and compassion for all. All members and guests must adhere to all rules and policies of Island Fitness and are expected to act in a safe, courteous, and respectful manner at all times.
Participants and visitors must adhere to the following:
• Be respectful and courteous at all times.
• Comply with requests and direction from Island Fitness staff, instructors, and trainers who are acting in the performance of their duties.
• Comply with any rules and guidance set forth for the particular program, event or class.
• Wear proper fitness attire and non-marking shoes.
• Shirts and shoes are required at all times outside the locker rooms.
• All requests and instructions from Island Fitness staff should be strictly followed and failure to do so may result in any person, including members, being directed to leave the premises.
Participants and visitors must refrain from the following:
• Smoking on the Island Fitness property
• Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
• Use of cell phones in the shower and locker room areas.
• Use of any video/picture taking equipment, including camera phones, in the shower and steam rooms, and locker rooms.
• Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
• Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, sexual, or threatening way.
• Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
• Sexually explicit conversation or behavior.
• Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
• Forging or sharing membership cards for access to Island Fitness or access to programs, services, or classes.
• Loitering within or on Island Fitness grounds.
All participants and visitors are required to report any violation of this Code of Conduct to an Island Fitness staff member immediately.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. Suspension or termination of Island Fitness membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) violating this Code of Conduct may be suspended pending a final decision. No refunds will be given for loss of privileges due to a final determination that a violation of the Code of Conduct occurred.
Code of Conduct Enforcement
The following actions may be taken for violations of the Code of Conduct:
- Violations of the code that constitute an immediate and apparent threat to the safety of others or their property will result in all or some of the following actions, including, but not limited to:
- Verbal warning
- A suspension of certain and/or all privileges for a specified period of time
- A permanent suspension
Island Fitness owners will ultimately determine the final outcome for failure to comply with the Code of Conduct. No refunds will be given for loss of privileges due to a final determination that a violation of the Code of Conduct occurred.
December 6, 2023