Skatepark - Acknowledgement of Risk
“All skatepark activities have a risk of serious injury or death. Participants must be aware of and accept that even if they follow all good practice there may still be the risk of accident and injury. It is the responsibility of the participant to adhere to the conditions of use.”
It is important that you understand this document. There is inherent risk involved with skateparks and associated activities. By signing this form, you are stating you understand that these risks cannot be completely removed. If you do not understand any of the terminology or content, ask a member of staff to clarify.
Conditions of use
- Report to reception on each visit before you enter the skatepark.
- You must exercise care, common sense and self-preservation at all times.
- Report any problems with the equipment or other users' behaviour to a member of staff immediately.
- Be aware of the other users around you and how your actions will affect them.
- Do not distract people while they are riding.
- Please make yourself aware of the location of the fire exits in the building and fire assembly points.
As a user of this skatepark, you must be aware of and accept the following:
- Riding beyond your capabilities anywhere in the skatepark is likely to result in a fall. Any fall may result in an injury. You must make your own assessment of the risks whenever you ride.
- Participants must understand that riding while pregnant can increase the risk posed to mother and unborn child.
- Participants must be aware and accept that the wooden ramps can break.
- You must do everything reasonable and practical to avoid endangering yourself or others.
- You have to be aware of and adhere to the safety rules of the centre at all times.
- Stand back from the equipment when not riding.
- All participants must wear a helmet when using the skatepark, regardless of age and discipline.
- You take responsibility for adequately maintaining your equipment.
- Please empty your pockets and remove all jewellery before riding.
- No alcohol or drugs, or those under the influence allowed in the skatepark or surrounding areas of the centre.
- You must not ride anywhere in the centre other than the skatepark.
- No food allowed in the skatepark.
- No drinks to be taken onto the ramps.
- Only get on the ramps if you intend to drop in, they are not slides.
- Do not hang your wheels over the coping when waiting to drop in.
- Do not stop or wait in busy areas of the skatepark for extended periods of time.
- Do not snake other riders.
- Only 2 people to use the mini ramp at a time.
- Only 1 person to use the bowl or pool at a time.
- No scooters to ride in the pool.
- Bikes are allowed in the pool if they can hop in and hop out again and must not use pegs on the coping.
- When riding the Resi, Bar ends must be in and pegs removed.
- Tops must be worn at all times.
- No waxing of any coping or metal railings in the skatepark.
- No bullying.
- Moveable ramps must remain flat on the concrete surface at all times in their upright position.
Our Duty of Care
The conditions of use of the skatepark are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities; they are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer, by law. As such, they are not negotiable and if you are not prepared to abide by them then the staff may ask you to leave.
Your Duty of Care
You have a duty of care to act responsibly towards the other users of the centre, follow good practice and abide by the conditions of use of the centre. Statements of ‘Good Practice’ are posted around the centre adjacent to the relevant facilities. These describe the accepted methods of use of equipment and skatepark areas.
I certify that to the best of my knowledge, I do not suffer from a medical condition that might have the effect of making it more likely that I be involved in an accident that could result in injury to myself or others. I also confirm that the above information is correct and if any information changes I will notify the centre.
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.