Any activities or sports associated with a rock climbing walls, bouldering area, ninja warrior area, and related fitness equipment (hereinafter referred to as "activities”) involve considerable elements of risk. Although we have taken responsible steps to provide you with appropriate competent instructors to enable you to enjoy an activity for which you may not be adept, we would like to remind you that this activity is not without risks. Indeed, some risks cannot be eliminated without destroying the uniqueness of the activity. The elements that contribute to making this activity unique can cause loss or damage to your equipment, or even accidental injury, illness or, in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. We don't want to scare you or dampen your enthusiasm for the activity, but we believe it's important that you know in advance what to expect and that you are warned of the inherent risks.
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS – I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME BUT NOT ALL, OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACTIVITIES OF LE CRUX AND ACTION DIRECTE CENTERS:
- Slipping, tripping, falling or crashing while using the facilities or equipment, the climbing walls, the bouldering areas, landing pits, flooringss under the climbing areas, practice areas, Ninja Warrior course, washroom facilities or steps;
- The risks associated with crossing, ascending, or descending while climbing.
- Misuse of equipment or facilities;
- Failures of your own hardware;
- My health, physical strength, coordination, sense of balance and ability to follow or give directions when climbing and/or obstacle course, belaying or training may not be enough to allow me to safely practice indoor activities;
- Fatigue, chills and/or dizziness, which can reduce my/our reaction time and increase the risk of an accident;
- Abrasions caused by ropes and equipment or by becoming entangled in them;
- The presence, actions or falls of other participants whether they are accredited climbers or not.
I understand that the description of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unforeseen risks may result in injury, illness or death.
2. HEALTH AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
I certify that I am in good physical and psychological condition and that I have no personal health problem that prevents me from safely participating in activities at Le Crux and Action Directe Centers.
3. ACCEPTANCES OF RISKS
I accept the risk of bodily injury, accident and/or illness, including but not limited to sprains, muscle and/or ligament tears, cracks or fractures, eye damage, cuts, wounds, scratches, scrapes and/or bruises, dehydration, lack of oxygen (anoxia), exposure and/or altitude sickness, trauma to the head, neck and/or spine, shock nervous system, paralysis and/or death.
4. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSABILITY FOR CHOOSING A RESPONSIBLE PERSON AS A BELAY PARTNER.
I understand that my partner may, through inadvertence, negligence, or for other reasons, drop the rope, fail to check my harness, and knot, or perform other maneuvers that could cause me injury or death. I acknowledge that having an accreditation from Crux or any other authority does not mean that my partner is an expert or a responsible person.
5. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSABILITY FOR MY ACTS WHILE USING AN AUTO-BELAY.
I understand that auto-belays are made available to me so that I can climb without a belaying partner. For the use of auto-belayer I am responsible for carefully following the procedures in order to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment and to be well attached to the auto-belay.
6. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSABILITY FOR MY ACTIONS WHILE USING THE NINJA WARRIOR FACILITIES.
I understand that the ninja installation is made available to me and that I am responsible for following the procedures to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment and the obstacles. I assume responsibility for the supervision, guidance, discipline and proper compliance with the rules and procedures of all children under the age of 16 under my responsibility or who accompany me, whether they are my children or my guests.
- Closed sneakers are required – Long hair must be tied back – No Jewelry (ring, bracelet, necklace, earring etc.) – Adults must supervise and enforce rules and regulations at all times for children (16 years and under) that are accompanied with you.
7. COMMITMENT TO COMPLY WITH RULES AND REGULATIONS
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Le Crux centers and Action Directe
A list of all regulations is posted on the website www.lecrux.com as well as on site.
Le Crux reserves the right to refuse to accredit a climber who does not pass Le Crux accreditation exam.
Le Crux reserves the right to suspend or revoke the accreditation of any climber who demonstrates an unsafe attitude towards indoor climbing and safety at Le Crux, or who does not follow the rules and regulations of Le Crux.
8. NON ACCREDITED GUESTS
I acknowledge that when I accompany a non-accredited guest, I am responsible for my guest(s) and I will put on their harness and tie their figure-eight knot. I am also responsible for my guest in case he wants to use one of the auto-belays. I further agree that if I do not comply with this rule, I may be asked to leave the premises without refund. I understand that you must be at least 18 years old to be responsible for a guest.
As a non-accredited guest at Le Crux, I acknowledge that I am not permitted to put on my own harness or tie my own figure-eight knot. I agree not to belay anyone while I am at the Le Crux. Further, I agree not to accept any instructions on rock climbing safety while at Le Crux, except from a Le Crux instructor in the context of a Le Crux class. Climbing safety includes putting on a harness, tying a figure-eight knot and belaying another climber. I further agree that if I do not comply with this rule, I may be asked to leave the premises without refund.
I acknowledge having read and understood the guest regulations
9. CAMERA CAPTURES FOR SECURITY PURPOSES
Use of data collected by security cameras at Le CRUX Boisbriand – Laval and Action Directe
The CRUX and Action Directe climbing centers have a camera surveillance system to protect the public. Ownership of the data collected remains the property of Le CRUX climbing centers and Action Directe. The images captured by our surveillance cameras can be used for training purposes for our employees in the context of accident prevention and also for the purpose of complying with occupational health and safety rules. Any use of this data outside of these functions is strictly prohibited. Employees with the right to consult this data are very limited (administrative staff only). Consequently, you agree that the images captured will be used for this purpose and waive the protection of the right to privacy in these circumstances as well as any recourse in connection with the use of the images in the context of training purposes.
I understand that Le Crux and Action Directe centers are applying Public Health directives regarding covid-19 to the maximum of their abilities.
I understand that these measures are put in place to protect everyone's health and safety. Since zero risk does not exist, I understand that despite the measures put in place, there remains a risk of contracting covid-19.
I understand that any false statement or non-application of the rules may result in expulsion and/or a ban on entering Le Crux and Action Directe centers.
I understand that a declaration of symptoms (cough, runny nose, fever and respiratory problem) will be requested from me at each visit and that if this is the case, I could be refused entry until the disappearance of my symptoms.
I certify that I am not under the influence of any substance (drugs and/or alcohol) and that I will not consume any during all activities in Le Crux and Direct Action centers (present and/or future)
I acknowledge that I have read and understood all the points, acknowledgment and acceptance of the above risks and responsibilities, and I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Le Crux and Action Directe.
June 2, 2023