ACKNOWLEDGMENT of RISK and RELEASE of LIABILITY
The Participant, Parent and/or Guardian must Read and Understand prior to Participating in Equine Activities
TO: Aisling Ridge, their directors, employees, officers, volunteers, business operators, and site property owners. (all of them collectively called the HOST)
Initial each item below After Reading and Understanding the item
1. I Understand there are Inherent DANGERS, HAZARDS and RISKS, (collectively called RISKS) associated with Equine Activities and injuries resulting from these “RISKS” are a common occurrence.
2. I Acknowledge that the Inherent “RISKS” of Equine Activities mean those DANGEROUS conditions which are an integral part of Equine Activities, including but not limited to:
- The propensity of any equine to behave in ways that might result in injury, harm or death to persons on or around them and to potentially collide with, bite or kick other animals, people, or objects.
- The unpredictability of an equine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement, tremors, vibrations, unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals and hazards such as subsurface objects.
- The potential for other participant(s) to act in a negligent manner that might contribute to injury to themselves or others, such as failing to act within their ability or to maintain control over an equine.
3. I Freely Accept and Fully Assume All Responsibility for the Inherent “RISKS” and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss which might result from myself and/or the child(ren) being a Participant.
4. I Acknowledge that it remains my Sole Responsibility for the safety of myself and/or the child Participant and for myself and/or the child(ren) to Participate within his/her own limits.
5. In addition to consideration given for myself and/or the child(ren) to Participate in Equine Activity, I and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns (collectively called my “Legal Representatives”) agree To Waive All Claims that I or the child Participant(s) might have against the “HOST”; and To Release the “HOST” from Any and All Liability for any loss, damages, injury, or expense that I, the child Participant(s) or our “Legal Representatives” might suffer as a result of the any Participation due to any cause including any NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE “HOST”; and To HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE “HOST” from any and all liability for property damage or personal injury to the child Participant or to any third party which might result from the child’s Participation.
Before signing this form I read it (as indicated by my initials above) and I stated that I understand it. I further state I am aware that signing this form, waives certain legal rights I and/or the child Participant and/or our “Legal Representatives” might have against the “HOST”.