Note to Participant Participation in any water sport exposes the participant to certain risks and dangers. Accidents and injuries (superficial to fatal) resulting from the forces of Mother Nature, boaters (both power and sail), malfunctioning equipment, unseen obstacles and your own misjudgments are a very real possibility. Big Bus Paddle Sports considers safety to be its utmost concern. The nature of these sports however, makes it impossible to foresee and protect the participant from all conceivable dangers associated with water and water sports. Once the participant leaves the safety of the shore and enters the water, he/she must be prepared to assume all risks associated therein.
AFFIRMATION AND LIABILITY RELEASE THE UNDERSIGNED CERTIFY THAT THEY HAVE READ THE FOREGOING PRIOR TO THE SIGNING THEREOF AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I hereby affirm that I understand the inherent dangers of Windsurfing, kayaking, Stand-up Paddle Boarding (SUP) and tubing.
2. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Big Bus Paddle Sports, its staff, the State of Washington, Pierce County, and Metro Parks Tacoma from any and all liability for harm, injury, death, or damages (physical, mental/emotional, monetary), regardless of fault or negligence which may befall me while participating in this sport or while using Big Bus Paddle Sports equipment or facilities. This release shall be binding upon my family, heirs, and administrators.
3. The undersigned certifies that the participant/renter is a proficient swimmer and agrees to be tested by Big Bus Paddle Sports to determine the participant/renter’s level of proficiency if requested. Participant/Renter agrees to wear a life vest.
4. I hereby agree to heed at all times the advice and instruction of the Big Bus Paddle Sports staff and to practice common sense water safety procedures.
5. To the extent provided by State Law, I also freely and voluntarily waive all claims for damages or loss to my person, or property, or the person or property of third parties that may be caused by an act or failure to act. I hereby release all third parties from any and all claims.
I CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.