Please read carefully and initial each section.
- This pass is valid for use from the date of purchase through April 30, 2023
- Pass is valid for scenic and alpine chair use.
- Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and remain the property of the Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. and are void if altered or misused.
- Only the designated pass holder can use.
- Cannot be split between multiple people.
- Pass Card must be on your person at all times in order to ride lift and while on snow.
- $50 replacement fee if lost or stolen.
- Pass holder assumes the inherent risks associated with the operation of all lifts and closures and shall read and obey all safety signage, instructions, rules and closures.
- The Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any season pass or deny lift access to any pass holder at any time for any reason.
- The Mt Baldy Ski lifts Inc. makes no guarantees regarding the length or quality of the winter season.
- All partner resort perks will be honored at the discretion of each individual resort. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
Please read carefully and initial each section.
- Pass, Ticket or Wristband must be worn at all times on all lifts.
- Maximum two persons per chair.
- All passengers must be at least 40” tall (carrying small children is not permitted).
- Children less than 48” tall must ride with an adult.
- All passengers must load and unload themselves. Lift does not stop (unless specifically requested to do so).
- No drugs, alcohol or smoking on the lift.
- Guests under the influence of any prescription drug, other drug, or alcohol that affects alertness or consciousness may not ride the lift.
- No dogs on lift (or animals of any kind).
- No unmanned aerial vehicles (drones).
- No sleds, strollers, ice chests, weapons, firearms, fireworks or other flammable items allowed.
- Scenic riders are limited to one small bag that can be carried safely.
- All packs and additional gear are subject to search.
- Alpine riders will be loaded with skis or snowboard only and must have functioning breaks or safety straps.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted to carry ice axe, crampons, snowshoes or any other related item on the lifts.
- You must remain seated at all times. No swinging or bouncing the chair.
- Comfort bars provide a reference for your comfort only and do not hold guests in place.
- Do not drop anything off the chair. Items CAN NOT be retrieved.
- Passengers shall be presumed to have sufficient ability, physical dexterity, and/or personal assistance to negotiate and to be evacuated from the aerial lift safely.
- Passengers must be able to maintain seated posture for 30 min.
- Check with your physician if you have Heart or respiratory conditions, abnormal blood pressure, or any medical condition that may be exacerbated by changes in the environment or altitude or seizure disorders of any kind.
- Check with your physician if you have any condition that may alter your consciousness.
- Check with your physician if you have back or neck disabilities or any injury or recent surgery.
- Expectant mothers (pregnant) check with your physician.
- The mountain climate and terrain present unique risks, including cliffs, ice, snow, falling objects, animals, insects, poisonous reptiles, scorpions. Weather can change from warm and calm to freezing rain and snow. Adequate clothing and gear appropriate for extreme conditions is the sole responsibility of the guest, participant, or passenger.
- All persons are subject to California State Trespass Laws (602 PC). Obey all signs, ropes, restrictions & closures.
- All Guests must understand and follow staff instructions.
➔ Attention persons with disabilities
This chairlift does not use any restraint device. Persons with disabilities may face unique risks. Please check with your doctor before attempting to ride the lift. Please ask one of our team members prior to arrival as Mt Baldy Ski Lifts to confirm we may be able to accommodate persons with unique needs.
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE AGREEMENT
- In consideration for receipt of a Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. ticket or pass, and with permission to use the facilities of Mt Baldy Ski Lifts recreation area, I, on behalf of myself, or as a parent or guardian of the minor child/children listed below, and our heirs and assigns, understand and agree to all of the following (constituting the “Agreement”):
- “Skier” or “Participant” means any person who is within the boundaries of a ski area for the purpose of engaging in, or observing, the sport of skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, or any other recreational sports activity (referred to herein collectively as “Activities”), and without regard to the type of device, if any, used; including dual skis, snowboard, any other type of skiing or snow sport device, bicycle or other.
- Passes are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Fraudulent use or violation of any Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc policy or any violation of federal, state or local ordinances while on Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc leased property may result in Pass cancellation without refund and/or criminal or civil penalties. In the event my Pass is lost or stolen, I must immediately report it to the Ticket office. Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Tickets and Passes are not refundable under any circumstances, including but not limited to: no snow, didn’t like the snow we got, never used the Pass, injury, surgery, planned or unplanned pregnancy, broken bones, financial hardship, moving out of state, moving out of country, traveling, going to school, changed my mind, incarceration, better offer came along, sudden dislike for Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc or their staff, sickness, terminal illness, mental breakdown, divorce/break-up, death or weather.
- I understand and am aware that skiing, snowboarding and other recreational or sports activities are HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES involving INHERENT AND OTHER RISKS of injury to any and all parts of my body. These risks include, but are not limited to: variations in snow and terrain, ice and icy conditions, avalanches, moguls, rocks, trees, tree wells, extreme terrain/cliffs and other forms of forest growth or debris (above and below the surface), bare spots, lift towers, cables, utility lines, freestyle terrain park features, snowmaking and snow removal equipment and component parts, and other forms of natural or man-made obstacles. There also is a risk of collisions with such man-made obstacles, equipment, and natural objects, as well as with other skiers, snowboarders, and/or other participants in Activities at Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. I further understand that injuries in the Activities are a COMMON AND ORDINARY OCCURRENCE, and I freely ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH as a result of my participation in the Activities at Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. and the USDA Forest Service (“USFS”), their owners, officers, agents, employees, affiliates and all other persons or entities officially connected with Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc or the USFS (“Releasees”) WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY on account of, or in any way resulting from, personal injuries, death or property damage in any way connected with my participation in Activities at Mt Baldy Ski Lifts, even if caused by NEGLIGENCE of Releases. I further AGREE NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE RELEASES FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES in any way connected with my participation in the Activities at Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. This liability release and agreement not to sue also applies to any loss or injuries that result from personal injuries, death, or property damage related to my use of any ski lifts or other equipment while at Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. I understand that Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. is not responsible for any damage to equipment or clothing as a result of participating in Activities or use of facilities. I also understand and agree that Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc is providing recreational services and is not liable for any defective equipment or products.
- I understand and agree that this Agreement is governed by and intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by California law. If any portion is held invalid, pursuant to California law, the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect. I agree that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from this Agreement have been made.
- I will observe and obey posted signs. I will keep out of all “Closed Areas”. If I participate in Activities out of the ski area boundary, I assume all risks inherent in backcountry hiking/biking/skiing/boarding, including cost of Search and Rescue. I understand that violating any safety rule, will result in the immediate loss of all privileges and use of the facilities of Mt Baldy Ski Lifts (without compensation), and may also result in my violation of California Penal Code Section 602, and will thereby subject me not only to possible penalties of a $500 fine and 6 months in jail, but also any cost of search and rescue which may arise. I further understand that any person involved in a skiing/boarding accident who leaves the accident scene may be subject to a $1000 fine (P.C. Section 653(i)).
- I agree to present my pass for each lift ride. I agree to surrender my pass if asked by any Mt Baldy Ski Lifts employee in uniform. I understand that Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc reserves the right to open/close lifts/terrain at its sole discretion for any reason and I am not entitled to any refund/consideration related to such closures.
- I understand and agree that participation in the Activities must be performed responsibly and under control and to abide by National Ski Areas Association (“NSAA”) “Your Responsibility Code”, a widely known and accepted code of conduct for the slopes that has been in use by ski areas for approximately 30 years. - Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- - People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- - You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- - Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- - Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- - Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- - Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
- Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc, the NSP and NSAA promote the use of helmets. We urge skiers and riders to wear a helmet – but to ski or ride as if they are not wearing a helmet. Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc, the NSP and NSAA view skiing and boarding in a controlled and responsible manner – not helmets only – as the primary safety consideration for all skiers and boarders. A skier's behavior has as much or more to do with the safety of the sport as does any piece of equipment. The key safety message that NSAA and its member resorts communicate to skiers and boarders is adherence to “Your Responsibility Code.” One of the main tenets of "Your Responsibility Code" is always stay in control. NSAA considers responsible and safe skiing and riding as the number one priority and helmet use as an important priority.
- I understand that any dispute regarding the enforceability of this Agreement shall be filed in the Superior Court of San Bernardino County, State of California, and shall not be transferred to any other jurisdiction.
September 26, 2022