PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
This document must be signed before participation in any event sponsored by Golden Dragons.
I am a participant in a dragon boat paddling program that provides periodic practices and races in watercraft. In consideration for the privilege of participating in these activities, I waive, release, acquit, and forever discharge Golden Dragons and its officers and Board of Directors as well as its employees, if any, and its agents, including caller and tillers (the Released Parties), from and against all claims, suits, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, awards and costs of every kind and description, including attorney's fees, and expenses at trial which I have or may have a right to bring against any of the Released Parties resulting from or arising out of my participation in and performance of activities associated with Golden Dragons including but not limited to claims for any personal injury, death or property damage caused by any alleged act, omission, error, fault, mistake or negligence of the Released Parties.
I understand that participation in water sports activities is inherently dangerous and involves risks of possible property damage, personal injury or death. I covenant that no action at law or suit in equity shall be brought against the Released Parties on account of any matter associated with Golden Dragons. I agree to abide by the directives of Golden Dragons and authorize Golden Dragons to direct and control my activities when required for participation. I authorize the person or persons in charge to secure any necessary emergency medical services for me, agree to pay for such services, and to hold the Released Parties harmless from any related claims.
While the Golden Dragons are taking your safety seriously, we cannot guarantee to protect you from contracting a corona virus or its variants. Dragon boat paddling cannot be conducted with the advised 6-foot physical distancing, and masks may not be worn on the boat. Therefore, all participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
I affirm I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- I am fully and personally responsible for my safety and actions during my participation in Golden Dragons activities and I recognize that I may be at risk of contracting a corona virus or its variants. I am willing to take the risk. By signing below, I agree to accept all responsibility for the risk that I may contract a corona virus or its variants.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, and discharge the Golden Dragons, its board of directors, officers, agents, volunteers, participants, employees, independent contractors, representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf from all liabilities, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury or death that may be sustained by me related to contracting a corona virus or its variants arising out of participation in activities of the Golden Dragons.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Golden Dragons from and against all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or claims made against any of the released parties due to injury, loss, or death from or related to a corona virus or its variants.
- I agree that if I take any steps to make a claim for damages against the Golden Dragons, its board of directors, officers, agents, volunteers, participants, employees, independent contractors, representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf arising out of participation in activities of the Golden Dragons, I shall be obligated to pay all legal fees and costs incurred by such parties as a result of such claim.
- In the event I have been exposed to or diagnosed with a corona virus or variant I will immediately notify the Commodore of the Golden Dragons.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing "Waiver, Release and Covenant Not to Sue" and understand its content. I am at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give my consent. I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give my voluntary consent in signing this document as my free act and deed, with full intention to be bound by the terms.
I acknowledge that I am free to go to other paddling clubs that may not require agreement to accept responsibility for contracting a corona virus or its variants.
The provisions of this document shall be legally binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, beneficiaries, successors, and assigns.
December 6, 2022