Climbing is an activity that involves risks. I am aware that by participating in the activities of Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center, I expose myself to these risks.
I agree that it is necessary for me to participate in an introduction session with a staff member on my first visit to the climbing gym.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS:
I acknowledge that the following describes some, not all, of the risks related to indoor climbing and fitness training:
- injuries associated with falls or other movements, (EX: sprain, strain, fracture, etc.);
- injuries, abrasions or cuts with blunt or sharp objects, (EX: holds, equipment, walls, etc.)
- injuries associated with the misuse of equipment or installation, or failure of personal protective equipment;
- injuries resulting from accidental or unintentional contact between individuals;
- injuries resulting from negligent behavior on your part or on the part of other users;
- neurodegenerative injuries resulting from a fall or an impact.
CHILD CLIMBERS AND VISITORS:
I affirm that the child for whom I am signing the form is my biological son/daughter or that I am the legal guardian.
I agree to respect the rules and regulations that I have read and understand when I am with a child at Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center as a climber or as an attendant.
Accompanying a minor: I agree that the parent or legal guardian has given me custody of the minor I am accompanying and that the parent or legal guardian agrees that the minor participates in activities at Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center.
INTRODUCTION AND FALL TESTS:
I understand that, for the safety of all, I must participate in a safety introduction session before beginning my activity.
I understand that I must respect my body and my abilities when choosing the height at which I climb.
I CERTIFY THAT:
- I am in good physical condition and have no personal health issues that prevent me from participating in climbing activities;
- I understand and I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center, a copy of which is posted in the climbing center;
- I am aware of the risks inherent to climbing;
- I accept to undertake the activity with full knowledge of these risks;
- I agree to play an active role in managing these risks;
- I have been informed that Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center reserves the right to exclude any person who represents a risk to himself or herself or to others, without refund;
- I agree to the use of photos and videos taken during the activity for promotional purposes;
- I certify that I am not under the influence of any substance (drugs and/or alcohol) and I will not consume any during all climbing activities (present and future).
I, the undersigned, hereby waive any and all claims, as well as any and all lawsuits for damages to my property and equipment.
"I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above acknowledgement and acceptance of risks and responsibilities, I freely and fully agree to assume all of the above risks and hazards and I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Rose Bloc Inc. climbing center."
September 28th, 2022