Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability Form
(Please Read Carefully; this is a Legally Binding Document)
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “release”) executed on June 2, 2023. (“Volunteer”) releases Margate Terrapin Rescue Project, Margate Bridge Co. d/b/a Downbeach Express and Ole Hansen & Sons, Inc. (“Organizations”) companies, entities and nonprofit organizations organized and existing under the laws of the State of New Jersey and each of its directors, officers, employees, other volunteers and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer activities for “Organizations” and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with “Organizations” is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for activities provided by Volunteer; that “Organizations” will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s activities to “Organizations.”
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless “Organizations” and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities I provide to “Organizations”. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges “Organizations” from any liability or claim that I may have against “Organizations” with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the activities I provide to “Organizations” or occurring while I am providing volunteer activities.
- Insurance: Further I understand that “Organizations” does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of “Organizations” beyond what may be offered freely by “Organizations” in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge “Organizations” from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with “Organizations”.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the activities I provide to “Organizations” may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to physical labor, digging, lifting heavy materials, picking up litter, working in proximity to fast moving vehicles, exposure to weather elements and natural elements such as insects, poisonous plants and involving inherently dangerous activities as well as consuming food available or provided as well as traveling to the location. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release “Organizations” from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to “Organizations” all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by “Organizations” in connection with my providing volunteer activities to “Organizations”.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.
Date: June 2, 2023