Consent, Acknowledgement and Waiver
A.B.N. 64 385 249 440
Phone: 0468 481 604
Castle Cove Public School, Kendall Road, Castle Cove NSW 2069
I agree that a link to the relevant Risk Assessments for the activities (and for the other Vacation Care Program activities that are not incursions or excursions) has been forwarded to me by email for me to review before signing this Consent, Acknowledgement and Waiver. Copies are also available at the Centre for me to review.
The TKC Master Risk Control Plan referred to in each of the Risk Assessments is available on The Kids' Castle website (https://thekidscastle.com.au/about-tkc/policies-and-procedures/#risk-assessments).
December 2, 2023
Please note photographs will be taken by Centre staff during the school holiday period to be displayed at the Centre, in our newsletter and on our website.
Face Painting and Hair Spraying
Face painting and Coloured Hair Spraying will be available during the school holiday period.
NO PERMISSION SLIP | NO PLAY
I give permission for my child/ren nominated below, to participate in the activities listed below (please tick the appropriate boxes):
MONDAY 18 DECEMBER 2023: Feathered Friends (Incursion)
TUESDAY 19 DECEMBER 2023: Christmas Bauble Decoration Workshop (Day Camp)
WEDNESDAY 20 DECEMBER 2023: DIY Cardboard Gingerbread House (Day Camp)
THURSDAY 21 DECEMBER 2023: Sustainable Christmas Craft (Day Camp)
FRIDAY 22 DECEMBER 2023: Festival Friday (Day Camp)
MONDAY 8 JANUARY 2024: Make It Monday (Day Camp)
TUESDAY 9 JANUARY 2024: Active Kids (Day Camp)
WEDNESDAY 10 JANUARY 2024: Water Warriors (Day Camp)
THURSDAY 11 JANUARY 2024: Games on the Bus (Incursion)
FRIDAY 12 JANUARY 2024: Escape Room (Day Camp)
MONDAY 15 JANUARY 2024: Build A Bear (Day Camp)
TUESDAY 16 JANUARY 2024: Super Soccer Madness (Incursion)
WEDNESDAY 17 JANUARY 2024: Ultimate Family Entertainment Centre (Excursion)^
THURSDAY 18 JANUARY 2024: TKC Cinema (Day Camp)
FRIDAY 19 JANUARY 2024: TKC Junior Master Chefs (Day Camp)
MONDAY 22 JANUARY 2024: Moving Bodies Indoor Ninja Warrior & Parkour Courses (Excursion)^
TUESDAY 23 JANUARY 2024: Woodcraft Workshop (Day Camp)
WEDNESDAY 24 JANUARY 2024: Kayaking at Narrabeen Lake (Excursion)^
THURSDAY 25 JANUARY 2024: Chaos Chemistry with Dr Everwild (Incursion)
MONDAY 29 JANUARY 2024: Mobile Rock Climbing (Incursion)
TUESDAY 30 JANUARY 2024: Nerf Legends (Day Camp)
WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY 2024: Kindifarm (Incursion)
^ Please note: For excursions, children must wear a purple bucket hat with TKC logo and mobile number. If the child/ren attend the excursion day without this hat, they will be provided with one and a $10 fee will be added to the family’s account. Child/ren can keep this hat and reuse it in future TKC excursions.
This warning constitutes a “risk warning" for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW). All of the activities undertaken at or organised by the Centre, whether by incursion or excursion or otherwise and whether provided by an external service provider or by the Centre itself, are “recreational activities” for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
By signing this Consent, Acknowledgment and Waiver as parent or guardian for the abovementioned child/ren, I acknowledge and agree that there are inherent risks of harm to children participating in each and all of the Vacation Care Program activities, including the incursions and excursions that I have nominated in the above.
The risks in respect to each of the Vacation Care Program activities include:
I further acknowledge and agree that in relation to all such Vacation Care Program activities and by reason of this Risk Warning, provided the Centre complies with all written laws of New South Wales or the Commonwealth of Australia that establish specific practices or procedures for the protection of personal safety, the Centre owes no duty of care in respect of any form of risk associated with the activity.
In respect to each of the Vacation Care Program activities I have enrolled my child/ren in, I hereby acknowledge and agree that:
1. I have been advised and thoroughly informed and made all due inquiry in respect to the risks associated with each of the activities.
2. I have imparted on my child/ren attending such activities that:
(a) while participating in relevant activities, they must wear required safety equipment as directed by the Centre staff or other persons formally engaged to conduct the activity;
(b) they must follow all directions, instructions and safety rules given to them by Centre staff or other persons formally engaged to conduct the activity; and
(c) they should ask any questions and seek assistance in relation to the proper use of any equipment, materials or facilities associated with the activity.
3. The activities may be physically demanding, require a basic level of physical fitness or skill and may result in forces being exerted on the body that may activate or aggravate pre-existing physical injuries, conditions, or congenital defects and that, taking into account the nature of the activities and the health and condition of my child/ren, I have determined that he/she /they do not suffer any illness, ailment or incapacity that may be aggravated or advanced by participation in any activity and that no such illness, ailment or incapacity operates so as to increase any risk associated with participation in such activities;
4. I understand that the activities involve certain inherent risks and exposure to the natural elements and that I am consenting to my child/ren participating in the activities at their/my own risk;
5. I hereby release and hold harmless the Centre, its principals, committee, servants and/or agents from any suit, demand or claim whether present, future or contingent arising as a consequence of and not limited to death, injury or disablement received by my child/ren during the participation in the said activities; and
6. Nothing in this Waiver excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy, implied or imposed by any Statute or Regulation that cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified. All express or implied representations, conditions, warranties and provision, whether based in Statute, or otherwise relating to provision of products and services pursuant to or contemplated by this document that are not contained within these terms are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
If the emergency contacts you provided are now different from those in your original enrolment form, please EMAIL your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Children to bring:
Please label ALL items and belongings.