Aloha and Thank You for choosing Island Style Diving!
You are required to fill out this release once, and then it is active for one year. If you are snorkeling or swimming multiple days with us, you only need to complete this form once.
This is a Release Of Your Rights To Sue Island Style Diving LLC and Its Employees, Agents and Assigns For Personal Injuries Or Wrongful Death That May Occur During The Forthcoming Dive Activity As A Result Of The Inherent Risks Associated With Scuba Diving Or As A Result Of Negligence.
Please read and review each statement. You must check “I Agree” to acknowledge that you are aware of the risks.
I accept the risks inherent in this sport, including possible injury inflicted by marine animals living in a wild environment and I accept these risks I affirm that I am in good mental and physical fitness for swimming and snorkeling.
I affirm that I am not under the influence of alcohol, nor am I under the influence of any drugs that are contradictory to snorkeling or swimming. If I am taking medication, I affirm that I have seen a physician and have approval to dive while under the influence of the medication.
I will inspect all of my equipment prior to the activity and will notify boat personnel if any of the equipment (or equipment I am renting) is not working properly. I will not hold Island Style Diving and related entities responsible for my failure to inspect my equipment prior to the dive.
I acknowledge that I am physically fit to snorkel and swim. I will not hold Island Style Diving or related entities responsible if I am injured as a result of heart, circulatory system, or ear problems or other illnesses that occur while diving.
I understand that snorkeling or swimming can be a strenuous activity and that I will be exerting myself during this excursion, and that if I am injured as a result of a heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, or any other medical condition that I expressly assume the risk of said injuries and I will not hold Island Style Diving or related entities responsible for same.
I understand that on this open water snorkeling and diving trip I will be at a remote site and there will not be immediate medical or hyperbaric care available to me, and I expressly assume the risk of diving in such a remote area.
I understand and acknowledge that I will follow all rules and safety procedures put in place and if required for the activity, use flotation devices provided by Island Style Diving while on this charter.
It Is The Intention Of The Party Filling Out This Document That By This Instrument To Exempt And Release Island Style Diving, Its Owners, Employees, And All Related Entities As Defined Above, From All Liability Whatsoever For Personal Injury, Property Damage, Or Wrongful Death Caused By Negligence.
I Have Fully Informed Myself Of The Contents Of This information And Release By Reading It Before I Signed It On Behalf Of Myself Or My Heirs.
PRE-TRIP BRIEFING AND ACKNOWLEDGE FORM
Molokini Shoal Life Conservation District Use Permit*
Molokini Islet is the southern rim of an extinct volcanic crater. The shallow inner cove is the crater’s submerged floor which is covered by sand patches, coral, and boulders. The coral reefs within the crater support abundant marine life which is among the most diverse and impressive in Hawaii. The waters in and around Molokini are designated as a Marine Life Conservation District (MLCD), which makes it a strictly protected marine reserve. While enjoying your visit to Molokini, please help us to protect this precious area by following these rules and guidelines:
1. The taking, injuring, or disturbing of any living material (fishes, turtles, eggs, shells, corals, seaweed, etc.) or non-living habitat (sand, rocks, coral skeletons, etc.) is strictly prohibited. Sea Turtles may not be approached or harassed at any time.
2. Make sure you avoid contacting the bottom at all times and stay out of the shallow water immediately next to shore. Keep hands and feet well away from any rock or coral, and use a flotation device if you need help swimming or if it is required by your guides.
3. Feeding fish or introducing any material into the water that could attract marine life is strictly prohibited. Fish feeding can change the type of fish in the reserve, stimulate aggressive behavior, and reduce normal grazing patterns that maintain a healthy reef.
4. Stay away from shore and do not attempt to climb onto the island. Molokini is a seabird sanctuary and entry is strictly prohibited.
5. Avoid excessive splashing and creating loud noises that can disturb both protected marine life and seabirds.
6. It is illegal to pollute or introduce human waste into the MLCD waters.
7. Listen to your guides, follow their instructions, and do not venture too far away from your tour vessel. Weather and current conditions at Molokini can change very quickly, and this can create dangerous situations if you get separated from your boat.
I certify that I have read and will comply with all of the rules and guidelines listed above.