John’s Militia Gear, LLC
Shooting Range Waiver and Release
In order to voluntarily participate in shooting (the “Activity”), provided by John’s Militia Gear LLC (the “Activity Provider”), I hereby agree as follows:
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I fully and voluntarily understand and accept that participation in shooting involves inherent risks, including but not limited to, contact with other participants, cuts, broken bones, burns, concussion, hearing loss, damage to vision, heart attack, exposure to diseases spread through direct contact or air transmission, emotional damage, permanent disability, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, my guest and our property, there is a risk of shooting myself, shooting others and being shot by someone else. I understand that the Activity Provider is not responsible for assessing my suitability to participate in the Activity. It is my sole responsibility to determine whether I have any medical or physical conditions that could increase my risk of bodily injury or death while participating in the Activity. I am aware of the risks involved in the Activity and am choosing to participate with knowledge of the danger(s) involved. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage, whether those risks are known or unknown.
I agree to assume all responsibility and liability for any act or acts, even negligent, reckless, or criminal act or omission to act, of my Guests at the Activity Provider’s facility. (I understand that "My Guests" includes any and all persons who enter on to or use Activity Provider facilities or engage in or observe shooting and other activities at Activity Provider’s facilities as a result of my express invitation, permission or consent). I agree that I will ensure that each of my Guests read and sign a "Range Activity Waiver and Release." Guests also include any MINORS under guardianship of the undersigned (MINOR is defined as any person under the age of 18 on the date the activities on RANGE are to take place). Each MINOR participating in RANGE activities must be included in the GUARDIANSHIP section at the bottom of this document and is therefore also bound by “Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement.”
- AGREEMENT TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS: I agree to follow the rules and instructions provided by the Activity Provider, the Range Safety Officer, any and all staff of the Activity Provider, while participating in the Activity, including but not limited to, the discharging of firearms and the firing of live ammunition. I will take reasonable precautions, whether explicitly instructed to do so or not.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RANGE REGULATIONS: I commit to adhering to the guidelines and directives set forth by the Activity Provider, which are located in this Waiver and displayed prior to entering the range. I have watched the safety video and understand a basic firearms education course is available to those who are unfamiliar with shooting as a recreational activity. I understand and agree that failure to strictly adhere to the Range Rules and instructions from a Range Safety Officer could result in my expulsion and temporary or permanent loss of range privileges. The Activity Provider reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to remove anyone for any action that does not strictly adhere to the range rules or that does not follow instruction from a Range Safety Officer.
- Keep your firearm pointed downrange at all times
- Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- Keep your firearm unloaded until ready to use
- Only shoot at target in your lane
- Only load or unload firearms in your shooting stall and when the range is Hot
- Please immediately call a “CEASE FIRE” if you observe unsafe behavior or conditions.
- You are responsible for knowing and understanding how to operate your firearm safely. Before entering the range, you must ensure your firearm is in good working order.
- You may be asked to leave if you cannot demonstrate safe firearm operation on the range.
- All guests must listen and agree to the verbal safety briefing given by the Range Safety Officer at the counter before entering the range.
- Only Range Safety Officers or Authorized Instructors are permitted to teach or instruct in the range. Profit/Fee based instruction is prohibited.
- All guests must sign a liability waiver (good for one year) before entering the range.
- Activity Provider Suicide Prevention Policy: First-time, unknown to the staff, unaccompanied individuals will not be allowed to rent a firearm.
- Activity Provider Age Restrictions:
- Under 8 years old – not allowed on the range
- 8-12 years old – must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian, cannot rent firearms and are limited to the use of 22 caliber firearms.
- 13-17 years old – must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian, cannot rent firearms.
- 18-20 years old – may shoot, rent or purchase rifles or shoot personally-owned handguns without a parent or legal guardian supervision. Cannot rent handguns or purchase handgun ammunition.
- Must be 21 to shoot Rental full auto firearms or NFA items, rent handguns and purchase handgun ammunition.
- No pregnant women are permitted in the Range building at any time due.
- No individuals prohibited from purchasing or owning firearms are allowed to use the range.
- Only US Citizens and Permanent Residents are allowed to use the range.
- Eye and Ear protection is mandatory for anyone in the range.
- Always keep the firearm action open and magazines removed, and only load when ready to commence firing.
- Fire only when safe conditions exist: all shooters must stand in their respective shooting booths and non-shooters must stand behind the booth area.
- The following types of ammunition are not permitted at the Activity Provider’s Facility because of the extensive damage they cause: hollow point, steel ammo (including steel-cased ammo), tracer ammo, incendiary ammo, or penetrating ammo of any kind. We have a zero-tolerance policy about this damaging ammunition. You will be asked to leave if you are found with any of these ammunition types in the Range. You will be financially responsible for all damages caused if these are used in the Range. The only acceptable ammunition is new, in OEM box, brass-cased ammunition.
- Pistols and rifles up to 7.62 NATO/.308 Winchester may be used in bays 3 and 4. Limit 6 pistols OR 3 pistols and 2 rifles per shooting stall. Limit one shooter and one guest per bay.
- Pistols, rifles and Sirt Pistols up to 7.62 NATO/.308 Winchester may be used in bays 1 and 2. Limit 6 pistols OR 3 pistols and 2 rifles per shooting stall. Limit one shooter and one guest per bay.
- All shootings must be conducted safely, controlled, and accurately.
- All firearms in the waiting room and in the retail store must be in a bag or case.
- All firearms must be transported in an Activity Provider Range Case or Bag to and from the range.
- Do not move firearms from one lane to another. Switch out the shooter not the firearm.
- Do not bring loaded, jammed or malfunctioned firearms off the range for any reason.
- NO Guests and/or Members may draw or use a holster in the Range. LEO during official training MAY draw from the holster. Prior authorization is required from the Activity Provider.
- Limit one round per second, unless using a range rental machine gun. Use of the Live Fire System permits a higher rate of fire, matching, but not exceeding the requirements of the simulation, pending all safety protocols are followed.
- Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm keeping the muzzle down range, and back away from the firing line. Guests and/or Members may not re-approach the firing line or pick up any firearm until a Safety Officer gives the “Range is HOT” signal.
- Appropriate attire must always be worn inside the Activity Provider’s Facility. Appropriate attire includes but is not limited to closed-toed shoes and crew neck or higher shirts. No low-cut shirts, flip flops/sandals, high heels or any apparel that interferes with the safe operation of firearms inside the range.
- Never consume alcohol or take drugs (including marijuana) before or while shooting.
- No food, drink, gum or any tobacco product is permitted inside the range. Always remember to wash your hands after you leave the range and prior to eating with D-Lead soap which is located in the Range Check-In Area.
- No brass collection is permitted.
- Never cross the firing line for any reason. Do not attempt to retrieve anything (including targets) that falls under or in front of the shooting stall. If you need assistance, please signal a Range Safety Officer.
- Inappropriate behavior of any kind will not be tolerated. At their sole discretion, Safety Officers will remove any individual from the range who is deemed to be acting in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- Any violation of the Activity Provider’s rules may result in immediate removal from the range and possible forfeiture of Membership.
- Do not open the range doors when the range is HOT or when the range HOT light is on.
- Financial Responsibility: I hereby agree to be financial responsibility and liable for any act or acts, even negligent, reckless, or criminal act or omission to act, of myself and my Guests at the Activity Provider’s facility. Guests also include any MINORS under guardianship of the undersigned. I am financially responsible for any and all damages, including but not limited to, target carrier, walls, ceiling, floors, rails, stall dividers, stall tables, cameras, electrical systems, HVAC systems, safe, and any damages to the range from rounds that do not impact the trap system with approved ammunition, caused by myself and my Guests. I agree to and release to hold harmless the Activity Provider to that fact I am fully responsible for the loss, theft, damage to, any firearms or other personal property that I bring to the Activity Provider facilities or leave in my automobile on premises, include my property, the property of others I bring and the property of my Guests. I agree that in no event will the Activity Provider have liability for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages I or my Guests may incur as a result of using the Activity Provider’s Facilities.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby release Activity Provider, its employees, agents, instructors, contractors, officers, directors and equipment providers (the “Released Parties”) from all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from any property damage, theft , injury, death, loss or harm, that may occur to me or any other person or any property during the Activity or related to the activity, including during transportation to or from the Activity, whether caused by negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise. I agree not to make any claim against the Released Parties for any bodily injuries, death, or property damage that occur during the Activity or related in any way to the Activity.
- INDEMNIFICATION HOLD HARMLESS: I agree to indemnify Released Parties against any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, damages and judgments, including claims for their own negligence, arising from my participation in the Activity. I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims for my own negligence. I will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements, and defense costs, including attorney’s fees, that the Released Parties incur because of any such claims made against them.
- USE OF LIKENESS: I agree that I may be photographed or videotaped during the Activity, and waive all rights of publicity, privacy, or pre-approval, that I have for any such likeness of me or use of my name in connection with such likeness, and I grant the Activity Provider and its assigns permission to copyright, use and publish (including by electronic means) such likeness of me, whether in whole or in part, in any form, without restrictions, and for any purpose.
- APPLICABLE LAW: The terms of this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina.
SEVERABILITY: I agree that if any portion of this Release is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this Release is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of one or more remedy hereunder by the Activity Provider shall not constitute any waiver of the Activity Providers right to pursue other available remedies.
Date Signed: December 6, 2023