In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way at The Garden Skatepark indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (herein defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below skateboarding/rollerblading/scooter/BMX activity or even, he/she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he/she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE; I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area, REFUSE to participate further, and notify staff.
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that there are risks and dangers associated with participation in skateboarding/inline skating/BMX/Scooter events and activities which could result in bodily injury, partial and/or total disability, paralysis, and death. The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described, could be severe. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction, or negligence of the participant of the action, inaction, or negligence of others, including, but no limited to, the Releasees named below. Further, there may be other risks not known to us that are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I/We accept and assume such risks and responsibilities for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis, or death however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/WE Hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue The Garden Skatepark at the Kramer Properties facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the recreation of skateboarding/inline skating/BMX/Scooter, premise and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as ‘Releasees”…FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors/heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENTS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/We hereby acknowledge that the activities of the event(s) are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of the releasees. All participants 15 and younger must wear a helmet.
6. Each of the undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant execute this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releases, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money that they have paid to the participant, or on his/her behalf, and hold them harmless. This waiver and membership is only valid at 3820 Broadway Ave. North, Rochester, MN 55906.
A waiver must be signed on-site or online in order to skate the park. If you are under the age of 18, a legal guardian must sign the waiver. Once the waiver has been complete, we will have this on file for the next to you come skate.
- Use of skatepark facilities is at your own risk.
- No skating without a signed release agreement & payment of entry fee.
- No food or beverages on skating area, features & surfaces.
- You must skate under control at all times.
- If you currently or recently have experienced a fever, sore throat or cough, you are not allowed to participate in skate activities and must leave the park facility.
- Skaters age 18 and over – helmets and elbow, wrist & knee pads suggested, but not required.
- Skaters age 15 and under- helmets required & elbow, wrist, and knee pads suggested.
- Bags/backpacks are subject to search, and must be stored in spectator viewing area.
- No alcohol, drugs, or smoking allowed.
- Skaters must abide by these skatepark rules and follow the direction of the floor staff at all times.
- The floor staff’s decisions are final.
- Fighting, intentional damage or vandalism to the facility or the personal property of others, or violation of these skatepark rules will result in a revocation of use privileges and immediate eviction from skatepark premises with no refund of entry fee or other payment.
- Reckless or aggressive conduct, horseplay, foul language or any inappropriate behavior, as determined by skatepark staff in their sole discretion, will not be tolerated and may result in your loss of skatepark privileges and immediate eviction from skatepark premises with no refund of entry fee or other payment.
September 22, 2023